Sign in with
Your question

Is everything Compatible?

Last response: in Systems
May 6, 2012 11:39:09 PM

Hey, I have ordered most parts for my PC and I havent fully checked if everything will work :S

This is what I Have ordered so far:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GLFD54/ref=oh_de...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054U7HIO/ref=oh_de...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005UBNL0A/ref=oh_de...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004CRSM4I/ref=oh_de...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geh-NZXT-Midi-H2-White/dp/B004X...

Is everything compatible so far?

Also, I want to buy a graphics card and HDD,

I have decided to buy a GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr ii but I dont know what the best HDD I can get which works with my system.

I want at least 500gb and 7200rpm while still being reasonably cheap.

Any help?

By the way, I know everyone keeps saying I should of gone down the intel road (i5 2500k) but Im really only going to use my pc for surfing the internet and casual gaming and I have a kinda tight budget.

More about : compatible

Related resources
May 7, 2012 12:10:48 AM

Yes this should work out fine. For your graphics card, what games are you looking to play, on what settings, and at what resolutions?
May 7, 2012 12:22:07 AM

kelthic said:
Yes this should work out fine. For your graphics card, what games are you looking to play, on what settings, and at what resolutions?

Okay, Will i need any specific cables? It says that it comes with 3gb/s sata cables or something :/ 

For the gaming I will be playing at 1920x1080 and I would like to be playing on the highest settings available ;) 

I will be casually playing games like Sims 3, Skyrim and GTA 5 When it comes out, I would like 40+ stable fps on highest settings if that's possible?
May 7, 2012 12:23:09 AM

Sorry I meant my motherboard comes with 3gb/s sata cables*
May 7, 2012 12:30:15 AM

The SATA cables are included. The 560 ti is a good card, but for a similar price (about $15 more), consider the Radeon 7850, which is a little bit better performing.
May 7, 2012 12:37:21 AM

well the cache really doesn't make as big of a difference as you would think unless you are writing a lot of large files (larger than 32MB) simultaneously. I'd save your $$
May 7, 2012 12:50:39 AM

okay, I wouldnt mind spending that tiny bit extra for 500gb extra storage :p 
Or is the 500gb actually better performance/reliability wise?

Can I support Sata III or Just Sata II?

Thank you so much for your help by the way!
May 7, 2012 12:54:41 AM

no problem on the help thing. i missed the extra storage, so it's probably not a bad deal to buy that hdd. I just happen to be partial to the Caviar blues and blacks :) . mechanical hdds have a hard time maxing out sata 2 so i wouldn't worry too much. 3GB/s are SATA 2.
May 7, 2012 1:05:26 AM

So what should I got for, Sata II or III? I have no idea which is best with my PSU/Motherboard or whatever (Im a total noob hehe :p )
May 7, 2012 1:27:07 AM

You want some SATAIII connections on the motherboard to use with fast SSD drives. They already have drives that max out this connection.

No hard drive exists which can max out SATAII.

Most motherboards have at least two SATAIII aka "SATA6" (600MB/sec) connections. Any SATA drive can connect to SATA1, II or III connections and the bottleneck will depend on the connection speed or the drive (obviously a fast SATAIII SSD in a SATA1 connection will run at 1/4 it's potential.)

POWER SUPPLY:
All power supplies have SATA power connections. There are also adapters for the old style MOLEX 4-pin connectors (5-volt I believe).
May 7, 2012 1:31:13 AM

You're not buying an SSD, right? if that's the case, what you've picked out is just fine. You have SATA 2 and a HDD that does not max it out. If you plan on adding an SSD later (most people build these in from the beginning since it adds the step of a windows reinstall later to use the SSD as a boot drive, an another step when converting the HDD to a data drive).
May 7, 2012 10:15:39 AM

Case vs Motherboard:

You picked a full ATX case and a micro-ATX motherboard. You should either get a smaller case or better yet a full-size ATX motherboard.

A micro-ATX motherboard fits inside the case but then you have a slightly larger than necessary computer.

*My ATX motherboard seems to have lots of expansion slots but note the following:
- my audio card runs hot so I wanted a gap between it and the graphics card. Slot wasted.
- my graphics card uses two slots but wastes a third because the fan would be too close to another card.

So I uses FIVE slots for two cards. If it had been a micro-ATX motherboard I might not have much left. Just FYI.

Other:
- AMD CPU's aren't recommended for gaming PC's.
- get a non-stock HSF for your CPU
- get a case with front USB3 connectors and USB3 Front Panel on the motherboard if possible

SUMMARY:
I see some issues and don't mind recommending a different build option if you want. I'd need to know your budget and your usage.
!