Interesting observations

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am an older, retired (almost 60) player that spends several hours a
day playing this game. I've made some observations and wonder about some
of them.

I've noticed that certain players consistantly score high. I've
*followed* some of them out of curiousity to see what they do or don't
do to be so successful. Most of the successful high scoring players seem
to excel at multitasking and being able to do many things at one
time...something I am less able to do now in my elder years. Some are
able to instantly switch roles and weapons without too much forethought.
Others seem able to shoot accurately, even while running sideways. I've
seen a few pilots that not only know exactly where every AAA battery is
located but are able to knock them out with one bomb or a few shots from
their cannons...quite interesting. I'm always amazed how some of them
always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
directions at the same time.

I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is never
quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".

Teamwork is obviously important and is likely the main ingredient for
overall wins.
I wonder why most of the teamwork I have seen displayed comes from the
RED teams rather than the BLUE teams? I've seen a lot of players that
selfishly ignore their teammates and drive off in vehicles without their
mates. Others just drive over you with jeeps, tanks or planes. The ones
that especially interest me are the TKers that walk up to you, look you
in the face and then shoot at you. WTF??? What's the secret to obtaining
teamwork? Is it joining a clan? Is it participating in teamspeak?

Some of you will say this is all a result of cheating..Well, maybe some
of it is, but I believe there must be some other skill attribute
involved.

How about some TIPS for those of us that are AVERAGE players?
I notice that joining a clan seems to be just for the HIGH scorers. Are
there any clans out there that value teamwork, sincerity and good
sportsmanship?

And how do you get to carnegie hall?

After playing each of these maps roughly 250 times each, you begin to learn
where the patterns of dots on the minimaps are. You learn where AA is,
where people typically hide, where tanks/jeep/etc spawn and you attack
those places.

It all boils down to repetition. I know quite a few people that have been
playing this game for almost two years now. I've actually grown pretty
good at knowing what's inside of rooms in the buildings that people never
go into, simply because I go into new places to try to keep fresh tactics.

A lot of clans like experienced players, a lot of clans like players who
always seem to score in the top 3. I play with AGB, www.agbgaming.com. We
really don't care how good or how bad you are. The main rules are just not
to cheat, and have respect for your other players. Check out our servers,
play with a few of us for a while. If you're a good person (not
necessarily a good player) then someone will sponsor you. It's a good
place for mature gamers to get together and have fun.

[AGB]JTorres176

Bubba wrote:

> I am an older, retired (almost 60) player that spends several hours a
> day playing this game. I've made some observations and wonder about some
> of them.
>
> I've noticed that certain players consistantly score high. I've
> *followed* some of them out of curiousity to see what they do or don't
> do to be so successful. Most of the successful high scoring players seem
> to excel at multitasking and being able to do many things at one
> time...something I am less able to do now in my elder years. Some are
> able to instantly switch roles and weapons without too much forethought.
> Others seem able to shoot accurately, even while running sideways. I've
> seen a few pilots that not only know exactly where every AAA battery is
> located but are able to knock them out with one bomb or a few shots from
> their cannons...quite interesting. I'm always amazed how some of them
> always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
> see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
> peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
> directions at the same time.
>
> I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is never
> quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
> snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
> running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
> sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".
>
> Teamwork is obviously important and is likely the main ingredient for
> overall wins.
> I wonder why most of the teamwork I have seen displayed comes from the
> RED teams rather than the BLUE teams? I've seen a lot of players that
> selfishly ignore their teammates and drive off in vehicles without their
> mates. Others just drive over you with jeeps, tanks or planes. The ones
> that especially interest me are the TKers that walk up to you, look you
> in the face and then shoot at you. WTF??? What's the secret to obtaining
> teamwork? Is it joining a clan? Is it participating in teamspeak?
>
> Some of you will say this is all a result of cheating..Well, maybe some
> of it is, but I believe there must be some other skill attribute
> involved.
>
> How about some TIPS for those of us that are AVERAGE players?
> I notice that joining a clan seems to be just for the HIGH scorers. Are
> there any clans out there that value teamwork, sincerity and good
> sportsmanship?

bug

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:12:11 -0600, Bubba <noemail@nospam.com> wrote:

>I am an older, retired (almost 60) player that spends several hours a
>day playing this game. I've made some observations and wonder about some
>of them.
>
>I've noticed that certain players consistantly score high.

Well, I'm not "almost 60" yet but I'm well past 50... and unless I'm
having a *really* bad day :-( I consider that I score consistently high.
Not always in points, e.g. playing an engie and repairing (and dying) a
lot, but well enough that I consider it a good game.

> I've
>*followed* some of them out of curiousity to see what they do or don't
>do to be so successful. Most of the successful high scoring players seem
>to excel at multitasking and being able to do many things at one
>time...something I am less able to do now in my elder years.

Bah! Find a better brand of coffee.

> Some are
>able to instantly switch roles and weapons without too much forethought.
>Others seem able to shoot accurately, even while running sideways.

Not that hard to do *providing* the server connection has a consistent
ping. Lead yer target.

> I've
>seen a few pilots that not only know exactly where every AAA battery is
>located but are able to knock them out with one bomb or a few shots from
>their cannons...quite interesting.

Yeah, the bastards. They *DO* know where every AAA battery is and they
line up on the mini-map. Get a tank or APC, hide under some trees, and
use its machine guns on the aircraft.

>I'm always amazed how some of them
>always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
>see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
>peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
>directions at the same time.

While there really are "radar hacks" in the wild, most of this (I hope)
is just better situational awareness on your oppo's part. Most paths
from there to here are well traveled. Also, your tag name may be visible
before you are.

>I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is never
>quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
>snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
>running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
>sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".

Headshots are always more effective. And, again, lead your target.

>Teamwork is obviously important and is likely the main ingredient for
>overall wins.
>I wonder why most of the teamwork I have seen displayed comes from the
>RED teams rather than the BLUE teams? I've seen a lot of players that
>selfishly ignore their teammates and drive off in vehicles without their
>mates. Others just drive over you with jeeps, tanks or planes. The ones
>that especially interest me are the TKers that walk up to you, look you
>in the face and then shoot at you. WTF??? What's the secret to obtaining
>teamwork? Is it joining a clan? Is it participating in teamspeak?

I've often seen it that the better players tend to start on the "harder"
side -- the axis on the Philippines map or allied on Iwo.

And, unfortunately, there are the occasional idiots that seem to get off
on being smacktards, killing teammates, blowing up their own side's
equipment, driving a ship off the map and then switching sides, etc.
They generally have an attention span that's proportional to their IQ
and won't stick around long unless their ego gets pumped.

>Some of you will say this is all a result of cheating..Well, maybe some
>of it is, but I believe there must be some other skill attribute
>involved.
>
>How about some TIPS for those of us that are AVERAGE players?
>I notice that joining a clan seems to be just for the HIGH scorers. Are
>there any clans out there that value teamwork, sincerity and good
>sportsmanship?

Try playing on clan-hosted servers rather than the generic EA servers.
When you find a compatible group, hang out there and see what happens.

In article <34jh1oF49t5ueU1@individual.net>, spam@yahoo.com says...

> The ones that do like teamwork usually gravitate to the underdog side, it's
> more challenging, it means they HAVE to work harder and as a team to
> overcome the advantages of the other side.

let's take Lost Village CTF for instance. Sure, once in awhile, the boys
and I will play it on Opposition and kick the guts outta anyone that
comes on our server (i have a "personal/server best" ctf flag cap time
of 25 seconds on LV). We get folks that like to run their mouths and say
"come to allies and we'll beat the hell out of you." so, what do we do?
we switch during the next round, make those with the big mouths do the
same. what happens? we kick the guts out of 'em again, only this
time.... they usually leave the server before the game ends. why? i
think you know.

no, we don't do this every time. that wouldn't be fair and we couldn't
get new folks on the server. it's just not fun getting your ass waxed
each and every time.

as you said above, i love getting on the underdog team as long as we
have as high-quality players as the opposing team (underdog being a lack
of weaponary, not skills/ability of players). it's never fun getting on
a team of shitty players. never. if you have an equal number of
outstanding players on each team, i don't give a damn which team i am
on. you can always pick up someone else's kit, steal the opposing forces
truck/tank/helo, etc.

/CF

I dont really go in for high scores even though I've been playing the game
for 2 years now since it came out. I prefer to take on a more backstage role
as a mechanic and I will often be found repairing the planes, tanks etc of
our
team. This stems from my real life experience in the UK Army where not
everyone
is a frontline soldier - theres a hell of a lot of soldiers that keeps the
army going :)
High scores arent everything.
A lot of the accuracy is knowing the exact terrain of the maps - a good
example
of this is where ocassionaly I will be a sniper in the gazala map - its a
good map to
hide in even though theres little scrub cover.
Unfortuantely there will always be the loonies who will walk up to you and
TK you,
thats just a fact of life. I dont recommend the Friendly Fire be switched
off though
because as in real life accidents happen due to friendly fire and having it
switched
on enhances the reality of the game.

Kev

Colonel_Flagg wrote:

> two points to the above: one, take into consideration everything i have
> said above. two, i too have a problem with first person shooter games
> such as battlefield that simulate a very small portion of actual
> peripheral vision that we normally see in every day life. therefore,
> it's a pain in the ass to get use to seeing around 100 degrees of your
> normal field of vision, which is probably closer to like 160 degrees or
> so.

Yeah, looking forward to lcd-glasses with broader vision ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco

"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
message news:MPG.1c4eb08869e484289896b5@nntp.charter.net...
> In article <J8Odnczmc67WwHncRVn-2A@giganews.com>, noemail@nospam.com
> says...
> > I'm always amazed how some of them
> > always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
> > see them coming.
>
> more than likely, they've played so much, they know the few routes that
> people usually take to a target. notice the next time you play, MOST
> people will travel the same route from spawn "a" to spawn "b" every
> single time. if not, they're in the secondary route, which again, is
> predictable.
>
> there's the key to this, don't be predictable.

Very good advice. If I get nailed somewhere, I will always take a different
route. I am amazed the number of times if I kill someone, they come back
the same way.

Kev (The Car Collector) wrote
>I dont recommend the Friendly Fire be switched
>off though
>because as in real life accidents happen due to friendly fire and having it
>switched
>on enhances the reality of the game.

Definitely, its pretty silly being able to lob a nade into a group of
players and only take out the baddies...TK on makes a better, more aware
player I'm sure of it. I just wish more servers would autokick on a set
minus score. Setting up a server in a way that allows players to rack
up -50 for constant teamkilling is pretty poor.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks to the many and varied responses to my original post!
I have yet another question for all the aces out there that pilot these
planes....
Some of you seem impervious to the FOG and are able to pinpoint targets on
the ground from afar. How do you do this without cheating?
I know several maps extremely well. I know where the AAA is located in
general, but because of the fog I find it difficult to line up on it until
I am too close.

How do you go about identifying targets on the ground and determine friend
from foe? I know about the 'Q' key in Battlefield Vietnam, which helps ID
friends, but doesn't do much otherwise. I check my 6 quite often, yet
despite this I often find someone on my tail a few moments later. How are
you able to sneak up on me so easily?

I see a lot of comments here and in the game about SKILL. Surely when you
refer to SKILL you mean 'computer gaming skills'.... There are few Audie
Murphys in the real world and without teamwork and leadership no battle can
be won. Most of the battles I join resemble a gaggle of single-minded
players with no other purpose than to achieve the highest score. I have to
laugh when a team loses the battle despite having one or two high scoring
players who have contributed nothing to the team effort.

Thanks again for your replies.

In article <L5ydnQ2SFeQaDHjcRVn-1w@giganews.com>, noemail@nospam.com
says...
> Thanks to the many and varied responses to my original post!
> I have yet another question for all the aces out there that pilot these
> planes....
> Some of you seem impervious to the FOG and are able to pinpoint targets on
> the ground from afar. How do you do this without cheating?
> I know several maps extremely well. I know where the AAA is located in
> general, but because of the fog I find it difficult to line up on it until
> I am too close.

Well, I can't say that I am the best in the world at targetting ground
targets with machine gun fire from a plane. I will say, I use my mini-
map ALL THE TIME. I am CONSTANTLY checking my mini-map for targets of
opportunity (location of AA, whether tanks are "missing" or not, etc.).
Then I line up on the target and "guess" where I think it's at, based on
my rate of descent. A "missing" tank from say the factory area is a sign
that perhaps the tank is protecting the flag/base? On the move out of
the base (check normal routes out of the base during the next run), etc.

> How do you go about identifying targets on the ground and determine friend
> from foe?

First, don't shoot among friendlies, second, determine where the
friendlies are by watching the mini-map very closely.

> I know about the 'Q' key in Battlefield Vietnam, which helps ID
> friends, but doesn't do much otherwise. I check my 6 quite often, yet
> despite this I often find someone on my tail a few moments later. How are
> you able to sneak up on me so easily?

Fly EXTREMELY high. Don't engage the enemy until you've made it to your
max altitude. Then, from way the hell up there, descend like a bat out
of hell down to a location you suspect the enemy to be. If you don't
notice a plane below you, take another target of opportunity such as an
AA gun, tank, etc. The idea is, descend in a location where a greater
population of enemy resources are likely to be.

> I see a lot of comments here and in the game about SKILL. Surely when you
> refer to SKILL you mean 'computer gaming skills'.... There are few Audie
> Murphys in the real world and without teamwork and leadership no battle can
> be won. Most of the battles I join resemble a gaggle of single-minded
> players with no other purpose than to achieve the highest score.

While I agree the above is normally true, if you pay particular
attention to your teammates, you'll find folks that are willing to help,
but won't make the first move because they're afraid of being tk'd, etc.
You won't find a lot of folks that are "good team players" to folks they
don't know very well. Once in awhile tho, you'll run across someone
willing to help out where it's needed.

/CF

bonobo

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:07:06 -0500, Colonel_Flagg
<colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

>> There are few Audie
>> Murphys in the real world and without teamwork and leadership no battle
>> can
>> be won. Most of the battles I join resemble a gaggle of single-minded
>> players with no other purpose than to achieve the highest score.
>
> While I agree the above is normally true, if you pay particular
> attention to your teammates, you'll find folks that are willing to help,
> but won't make the first move because they're afraid of being tk'd, etc.
> You won't find a lot of folks that are "good team players" to folks they
> don't know very well. Once in awhile tho, you'll run across someone
> willing to help out where it's needed.
>

> /CF

Hi soldier,

Yes it's both true, lot of the players play only for their own score and
mis a lot of fun.....
and only few (??) like to teamplay.

You can add my name to the TEAMPLAYERS list and try to remember my name
Bonobo
and I will ALWAYS team-up when I notice some teamplay activity's.

Hope to see you on some map now and then......

Bonobo

--
DutchDareDevil

Malcolm

Bubba wrote:
> I am an older, retired (almost 60) player that spends several hours a
> day playing this game. I've made some observations and wonder about some
> of them.
>
> I've noticed that certain players consistantly score high. I've
> *followed* some of them out of curiousity to see what they do or don't
> do to be so successful. Most of the successful high scoring players seem
> to excel at multitasking and being able to do many things at one
> time...something I am less able to do now in my elder years. Some are
> able to instantly switch roles and weapons without too much forethought.
> Others seem able to shoot accurately, even while running sideways. I've
> seen a few pilots that not only know exactly where every AAA battery is
> located but are able to knock them out with one bomb or a few shots from
> their cannons...quite interesting. I'm always amazed how some of them
> always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
> see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
> peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
> directions at the same time.
>
> I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is never
> quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
> snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
> running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
> sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".
>
> Teamwork is obviously important and is likely the main ingredient for
> overall wins.
> I wonder why most of the teamwork I have seen displayed comes from the
> RED teams rather than the BLUE teams? I've seen a lot of players that
> selfishly ignore their teammates and drive off in vehicles without their
> mates. Others just drive over you with jeeps, tanks or planes. The ones
> that especially interest me are the TKers that walk up to you, look you
> in the face and then shoot at you. WTF??? What's the secret to obtaining
> teamwork? Is it joining a clan? Is it participating in teamspeak?
>
> Some of you will say this is all a result of cheating..Well, maybe some
> of it is, but I believe there must be some other skill attribute
> involved.
>
> How about some TIPS for those of us that are AVERAGE players?
> I notice that joining a clan seems to be just for the HIGH scorers. Are
> there any clans out there that value teamwork, sincerity and good
> sportsmanship?

the red team has a better Anti-Tank rocket the RPG7, you get a better
field of view with it, ie it doesnt block your vision as bad as the SMAW.
Its more fun playing with your back to the wall, ie Red on the Cornered map.
I have played BF1942 for over 2 years, and play maybe 30 to 40 hours a
week, mostly DC and now DCF, but do try ALL the mods.
It helps to be very agressive when playing, its only a game and doesnt
hurt when you get shot, maimed, killed, I was playing on a small Clan
server once, CTF Basrahs Nights map, I rushed into the flag area SAW249
blazing and 4 opposing team players backed off, so go berserk when the
situation calls for it and have fun, other times stealthy is a better
tactic, ie lurking waiting for tank to roll by and put a RPG into the
rear. Also you can make the Enemy avoid areas by killing them if they
vist that area, you will find people then tend to avoid the dangerous zone.
Real life Infantry tactics involve ambushing and killing with
overwheming firepower, no fair play in warfare.
So pick a big gun and wait for people to walk round a corner into a
killing zone, shoot them in the back too, works a treat.
On Lost Village for example do a zig zag through and around buildings,
look for enemy and follow and anticipate where they might be going to.
Working in pairs can be good too, if your fellow gets killed you take
out the one who did it.
practice, practice, practice and have fun.
regards [AGB] malcolm

www.agbgaming.com

malcolm wrote:

> I have played BF1942 for over 2 years, and play maybe 30 to 40 hours a
> week, mostly DC and now DCF, but do try ALL the mods.

Now, see, THIS is why I get my ass handed to me when I venture out onto
multi-player servers. 30-40 hours a week for two years?

SHAZBAT! (as Mork from Ork used to say). At my _peak_ I never managed
more than an hour or two a day. I just don't have the time (or the
obsessive interest...) to put that much time into a game. Any game.

That's why they call me

[AGB] Bullet Sponge

Malcolm

Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> In article <J8Odnczmc67WwHncRVn-2A@giganews.com>, noemail@nospam.com
> says...
>
> two points to the above: one, take into consideration everything i have
> said above. two, i too have a problem with first person shooter games
> such as battlefield that simulate a very small portion of actual
> peripheral vision that we normally see in every day life. therefore,
> it's a pain in the ass to get use to seeing around 100 degrees of your
> normal field of vision, which is probably closer to like 160 degrees or
> so.
>
> /CF

the human eye has 50 degrees of clear vision the periphal is motion
only, our eyes wobble all the time to add degrees, thats why the
standard SLR lenses is 52 degrees FOV.

regards malcolm

Malcolm

Bubba wrote:
I'm always amazed how some of them
> always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
> see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
> peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
> directions at the same time.

keep moving and rotating your view, use the A and D keys in combination
with W so you slide diagonaly, esp round corners.

> I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is never
> quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
> snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
> running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
> sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".

people shooting sniper rifles and Car15s on the move is a bit dodgy
sometimes, but mouse quality and size of screen prob helps.

Malcolm

Bubba wrote:
> How do you go about identifying targets on the ground and determine friend
> from foe? I know about the 'Q' key in Battlefield Vietnam, which helps ID
> friends, but doesn't do much otherwise. I check my 6 quite often, yet
> despite this I often find someone on my tail a few moments later. How are
> you able to sneak up on me so easily?

using the shift key helps that makes you WALK (quietly) instead of run,
surround sound DEFINATLY helps locate people moving about for some
distance, and for dodging tanks around buildings its a must.

bonobo

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:51:12 GMT, malcolm <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com>
wrote:

> Bubba wrote:
> I'm always amazed how some of them
>> always manage to know precisely where I am located, yet I was unable to
>> see them coming. I liken this game to having tunnel vision. I have no
>> peripheral vision, yet some of these high scorers manage to see in all
>> directions at the same time.
>
> keep moving and rotating your view, use the A and D keys in combination
> with W so you slide diagonaly, esp round corners.
>
>> I wonder what the secret is to accurate aiming? It seems my aim is
>> never quite as good as the other guy! I'm especially impressed with the
>> snipers who are able to knock me out with one or two shots while
>> running, jumping and sidestepping! Sometimes, I feel like I have a big
>> sign over my head that reads, "SHOOT ME".
>>

> people shooting sniper rifles and Car15s on the move is a bit dodgy
> sometimes, but mouse quality and size of screen prob helps.

I love to play scout (sniper mostly) and play sniper for almost a year
and a one shot kill is no problem for slow or standing still persons
even up to almost max distance view (what I like best....he he he).

Running and JUMPING people are (for me) still a DONT TRY target unless:

-the are walking/jumping lined-up of my sight......90% kill with one shot
-there is a ammo depot close so I can WASTE 2 / 3 bullets before the kill
IF IMPORTANT
-the target is extremly dangerous for a teammate so I use it as a kind of
suppress fire

otherwise:

NEVER spoil bullets because, most of the time
-it can cost a teampilot his life (AA gun / machine gun clearance..)

SHOOT WITHOUT killing in one shot alarms the enemy !!!
-who will start jumpin as an grasshoper who just left one of ours
famous COFFEE shops....

This way there should be about 12 dead people in one bullit refill.

My personal persue is to keep killed at 7~?? per game WITHOUT a personal
death.
If I'm killed once I still play up to my max experiance but
I consider it as a "to the parents of...." letter.

Finaly... DONT UNDERESTIMATE the power of the "artillery target" function
from the scout USE IT !!
With the right TEAMPLAYERS it is deadly and moral-undermining
killer-equipment.

Bonobo

--
DutchDareDevil

In article <GJSFd.6397$EG1.6272@attbi_s53>, m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com
says...
> Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> > In article <J8Odnczmc67WwHncRVn-2A@giganews.com>, noemail@nospam.com
> > says...
> >
> > two points to the above: one, take into consideration everything i have
> > said above. two, i too have a problem with first person shooter games
> > such as battlefield that simulate a very small portion of actual
> > peripheral vision that we normally see in every day life. therefore,
> > it's a pain in the ass to get use to seeing around 100 degrees of your
> > normal field of vision, which is probably closer to like 160 degrees or
> > so.
> >
> > /CF
> >

> the human eye has 50 degrees of clear vision the periphal is motion
> only, our eyes wobble all the time to add degrees, thats why the
> standard SLR lenses is 52 degrees FOV.
>
> regards malcolm

at least in the real world, you have peripheral vision. in this game,
you get about 1/2 of the real world amount.

/CF

In article <10ufv9t7qk4ap53@corp.supernews.com>, sinanju@pacifier.com
says...
> malcolm wrote:
>
> > I have played BF1942 for over 2 years, and play maybe 30 to 40 hours a
> > week, mostly DC and now DCF, but do try ALL the mods.
>
> Now, see, THIS is why I get my ass handed to me when I venture out onto
> multi-player servers. 30-40 hours a week for two years?
>
> SHAZBAT! (as Mork from Ork used to say). At my _peak_ I never managed
> more than an hour or two a day. I just don't have the time (or the
> obsessive interest...) to put that much time into a game. Any game.
>
> That's why they call me
>
> [AGB] Bullet Sponge

yep. if you want to get good, spend the time playing the game.
otherwise, you'll get your ass handed to you.

/CF