Integrated intel Graphics card problem with CPU

yami007

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
My problem is that whenever I go to a webpage that's having a flash animation on it, my CPU goes up and the fan starts making a big noise.

Not all flash animation do this to my CPU. So I guess only complicated flash applications do.
And whenever I play a 3D game, the same thing happens...

So I need to know if an external graphics card would solve my problem.
Thanks in advance :)

yami007

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

Thanks for your reply.

Here is my Config:

Hp compaq dc 7600
Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHZ
RAM 512MB
Hard Disk 400GB
Graphics card 128MB, Intel 82945G Express ( Internal )
System windows xp sp3

That's all i know :)

yami007

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Thank you cmichael, I appreciate your help...

For the RAM, I had 2x512 of Ram, but one of them is damage...I can upgrade it anytime...I just want to get through with the graphics problem...because I had to go back to windows xp because of it...

anyway thank you :)

DM186

Splendid
The 200w power supply (PSU) is not your only problem, your CPU your PSU are both your problems along with what type of case you have. Is it a slimline or small or mini convertable?

Having a slim line or small, you will be limited to low profile cards. Now if you have the mini convertable you could use a standard card. Now the PSU being 200w, we would need to know how many amps are on the 12v rail.

You would have to open up your case and look to see the sticker on the PSU and write down the numbers you see like 3.3v = 13a + 5.v = 17a + 12v = 14a. Something like that.

Then once we figure out how many amps are on the 12v rail then we will know what kind of GPU you need. Also that is hurting you is your CPU. A P4 will keep you to a very low end card.

So What kind of gaming are you trying to do? And have you thought about building a new rig? Because that rig you have is kinda old if you know what I mean?