I am working on my second homebrew computer, but have hit a rather persistent snag. While the computer appears to boot normally, my graphics card does not send any output to the monitor, even though the CPU, graphics card, and RAM all work when installed in other machines.
Here is my complete system configuration:
1 x GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
* 1 x SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L)
* 1 x Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply
* 1 x AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
* 1 x Western Digital Caviar Black WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
* 2 x CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B
* 4 x OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
* 1 x BYTECC 5 Ports USB 2.0 PCI Controller Card Model BT-U2-410V
Yes; I have the system assembled with a new mobo but the problem is still going on. I changed the motherboard at spring break (bloody school keeping me and my computers apart), but no improvement in functionality.
I'd wonder if you got a defective motherboard. You say all of the parts work when installed on another motherboard, which begs the question.. have you tried another motherboard? And just for the hell of it try the other PCI-e slot?