Sign in with
Your question

Which 6950 crossfire card would be best?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 2, 2012 9:19:16 PM

Well the question in the thread title and this

Which 6950 out of these should i buy?
I plan to unlock and overclock 2 of these in crossfire

Which of these will get me the best temps... and which would you recommend?

2 Diamond 6950's with Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme PLUS II on both (dual bios but aftermarket cooler might void warrant idk about Diamond's Warranty.) Price : $690

2 Twin Frozr III 6950's (doesn't have a dual bios switch and a lot of them don't get 1536 and worried on temps) Price: 640

2 Direct Cu Asus 6950's ( Has Dual Bios and has good rep for unlocking but not sure on temps and noise on the card.) Price: $580

These are the only 6950's that can unlock that i can seem to find in stock online.

More about : 6950 crossfire card

March 3, 2012 11:24:34 AM

Asus cooling is supposedly good and for the lowest price that would be my option.
m
l
March 6, 2012 1:16:17 AM

I just bought an Asus hd6950 DirectCUII 2GB and i can tell you that you have nothing to worry about with temps and noise. I have mine unlocked and overclocked and the fan doesn't go above 20% when loaded.

It is an awesome card if you have the room for it.
m
l
March 6, 2012 1:43:12 AM

The Asus DirectCU and MSI Twin Frozr's have some of the best cooling on the market.Shouldn't need to worry about temps with those cards.However the Asus card is a triple slot card.So if your going to crossfire make sure you have the space.

As for unlocking the cards I have heard that Sapphire makes good cards for that but that was awhile ago.You'll have to research it and check it out.
m
l
!