3560 completely unable to upload/download?

Last response: in Brands
May 9, 2004 11:45:48 PM

I'm trying to find a way to upload ringtones to my 3560, and so far it
appears that even though the phone is capable of playing polyphonics
and has a folder structure and free space for storing ringtones and
graphics, there isn't any way to get them to the phone. It's not
bluetooth capable, there is no WAP access, Nokia doesn't offer any
sort of USB connection cable, and I'm having a hard time finding much
information at all on them. The only thing I've seen are auctions on
eBay, but I've come across posts suggesting even with the cable, the
phone software won't allow cable uploading.

So, is it possible to put new ringtones on this phone? Will getting a
USB cable like <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...">this</a>this</a>
work or not?
May 10, 2004 7:08:43 PM

ooner123@yahoo.com (Ooner) wrote in

> So, is it possible to put new ringtones on this phone?

I believe the only way to do it is to use a service that sends them to the
phone. I think you can find some on the internet. The 3560 is Nokia's
"entry level" color phone, and while it is a very nice phone, they did
leave out some features, like IR, and they do not make a data cable for it.
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 8:48:08 PM

Ooner wrote:
>> I'm trying to find a way to upload ringtones to my 3560, and so far
>> it
>> appears that even though the phone is capable of playing polyphonics
>> and has a folder structure and free space for storing ringtones and
>> graphics, there isn't any way to get them to the phone. It's not
>> bluetooth capable, there is no WAP access, Nokia doesn't offer any
>> sort of USB connection cable, and I'm having a hard time finding much
>> information at all on them. The only thing I've seen are auctions on
>> eBay, but I've come across posts suggesting even with the cable, the
>> phone software won't allow cable uploading.
>>
>> So, is it possible to put new ringtones on this phone? Will getting a
>> USB cable like <a

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
220637&rd=1">this</a>this</a>
>> work or not?

Ermm...does your phone have IR?
May 11, 2004 12:01:14 AM

I don't believe polyphonic ringtones can be sent to a phone without
WAP, right? The only I see available are the old monophonic tones that
are sent via text. Do you think that the after-market data cable will
work with the 3560 or does the phone's software itself prevent
uploading? It's not a nokia product, but assuming the software works
the same as the better phones it shouldn't be a problem, right? I
don't know very much about phone software.

Bean <noway@jose.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94E552DBAFC73nowayjosecom@140.99.99.130>...
> ooner123@yahoo.com (Ooner) wrote in
>

> > So, is it possible to put new ringtones on this phone?
>
> I believe the only way to do it is to use a service that sends them to the
> phone. I think you can find some on the internet. The 3560 is Nokia's
> "entry level" color phone, and while it is a very nice phone, they did
> leave out some features, like IR, and they do not make a data cable for it.
May 11, 2004 7:37:16 PM

> I don't believe polyphonic ringtones can be sent to a phone without
> WAP, right? The only I see available are the old monophonic tones that
> are sent via text. Do you think that the after-market data cable will
> work with the 3560 or does the phone's software itself prevent
> uploading? It's not a nokia product, but assuming the software works
> the same as the better phones it shouldn't be a problem, right? I
> don't know very much about phone software.

I don't believe you can get Nokia PC Suite for the 3560. If you buy the
datacable - I see some for the 3560 on Ebay, you'll also need software like
Mobi MB or something like that, but even then, I don't know if it will
work. If you are up for spending the money on the chance, give it a go. You
can get a demo of Mobi MB to see if it will work before you pay for it.
!