Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Crash
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 3, 2012 12:49:52 AM

Hi guys

Recently got my hands on the sapphire OC edition of the 7950 card. installed it and booted up and everything was pristine and beautiful, and I played a 3 or 4 hour session of skyrim on maxed out settings and went to bed. the next day, I turn on my computer to continue my skyrim adventures, and I get a black screen only 2 minutes into the game (audio still playing). ever since, I can't seem to play any game for long before getting a black screen crash... I've opened up my computer and checked everything a few times, and don't think I made any mistakes with the connections. I've even switched to a different PCIe slot, same issue (tho I also got a 2 or 3 hour gaming session out of it)

My rig:
Asus p8z68 mobo
i5 2500k defaulted to mobo OC (4.4Ghz, vcore between 9-1.33v)
corsaire vengence 16G DDR3 1600mghz ram
thermaltake grand 1050W 80+ gold
sapphire radeon 7950 OC edition gpu

BTW, how can I share a minidump file?

Thanks in advance!

More about : sapphire 7950 edition crash

March 3, 2012 12:55:10 AM

Have you tried declocking your cpu a bit ?
m
l
March 3, 2012 2:29:31 AM

no... will try it... thought sapphire tested their OCes...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 3, 2012 3:57:52 AM

Yeah it shouldn't be doing that at all if you haven't pushed the clocks any higher. Did you happen to try flipping the BIOS switch to the other position?

I have the same card as you and I could swear that I was getting a little bit of artifacting in Skyrim at stock settings but it was rare. Since then I have bumped the voltage up a bit and gotten a nice overclock on it and have not experienced any issues.
March 3, 2012 2:48:01 PM

rolled back to refrence card settings and tried bumping the voltage up a bit in factory OC settings, neither fixed my problems... a friend of mine has a sapphire 7950 refrence card, I borrowed and tried it and everything was smooth (just a bit louder fan)... think I'm going to have to RMA it
m
l
March 13, 2012 12:23:54 AM

Have RMAed it. I guess that's the end of that. now to either get a new one or wait for kepler LOL. oh the graphics card waiting games
m
l
March 23, 2012 12:08:38 AM

Best answer selected by vmem.
m
l