Help with new CPU AMD FX-8150 FX.

Geko47

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I'm having a problem with my new CPU. My mother board is a Asus Crosshair Formula IV and currently my CPU is AND Phenom II X6 and im trying to upgrade it to a AMD FX-8150 FX. Whenever i turn on my computer on the screen is blank and a red "CPU" LED turns on, doesn't flash it's just a steady light.

Iv tried to update it's BIOs, something iv read that you have to do to run the new cpu on the Formula IV. But the problem still appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Solution

Hi :)

It really IS A downgrade to an FX ..i was being a little too polite maybe lol...

Keep your 1090t be and overclock it if you wish although I dont bother overclocking my 1100ts...

If you do overclock, get a better cooler/heatsink as the standard AMD one wont go far over standard...

All the best Brett :)

I run 1100t`s and the 1090t is almost as powerful...

Are you sure you want to upgrade/downgrade to an FX ?

I would check out some benchmarks first....

Is yours a Black edition ? If so it will easily overclock...

Geko47

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Yes it's the black edition. Do you think i would be better of with my current CPU? When i bought it i saw it has more GHz and to be honest i wasn't quite sure either it would be a true upgrade or not

Geko47

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Geko47

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Hah fair enough! Well guess i'm off to return the FX. I appreciate the help and i bow to you my friend

It really IS A downgrade to an FX ..i was being a little too polite maybe lol...

Keep your 1090t be and overclock it if you wish although I dont bother overclocking my 1100ts...

If you do overclock, get a better cooler/heatsink as the standard AMD one wont go far over standard...

Solution

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
You should have bought a coolermaster 212 EVO for £25 and overclocked your 1090T

All I can say is boot with the 1090T check the BIOS version its booting is the beta one, if it is stick the FX in and boot up.

or try to return the FX

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Well there are a few applications where the FX might be slightly better but not by much, unfortunately in some it will be equal or worse..go figure. Your six core isn't a slouch by any stretch of the imagination.

If they take it back you could exchange for a cooler and maybe a little SSD goodness:)

Geko47

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Hey now there's an idea :) Iv never used SSD......Yet

TRENDING THREADS