Solved

Is This 650W good enough?

Last response: in Components
August 22, 2012 7:35:58 PM

I'm building my first PC and I don't know if this power supply is good enough

My specs will be:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+

Memory: G.skill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3-1333(1 Stick)

Storage: western Digital Caviar blue 500GB 7200RPM

GFX: Evga Geforce GTX 570 2.5GB

Case: Antec Nine Hundred two

Power supply: XFX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V

Should I Change it or do I need a stronger Power supply?

Please help im new at this!

More about : 650w good

a c 158 ) Power supply
August 22, 2012 7:38:22 PM

It's easily enough for your rig and some extreme overclocking. The XFX Cor 550W is actually sufficient for your build.
m
l
August 22, 2012 7:54:31 PM

Rugger said:
It's easily enough for your rig and some extreme overclocking. The XFX Cor 550W is actually sufficient for your build.

When I do the power calculator it says I need 595W to power my system. Thanks for the Tip I'll keep it at this power supply just in case.
m
l
Related resources
a c 158 ) Power supply
August 22, 2012 7:58:52 PM

PSU calculators are notorious for giving high end numbers...most are supported by retailers or PSU mfrs....do you think they have a reason to want to sell larger PSUs?
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:06:32 PM

Rugger said:
PSU calculators are notorious for giving high end numbers...most are supported by retailers or PSU mfrs....do you think they have a reason to want to sell larger PSUs?

I guess your right. I still don't know If XFX company is good though, my friend told me that antec and cooler master are the best so I don't know if XFX have reliable power supply.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 22, 2012 10:46:37 PM

Cooler master is not the best, i have heard of them having troubles on some models. Antec, corsair, and seasonic make great psu's. Xfx also make good ones, from what I heard.

Hope this helps!
m
l
August 23, 2012 1:16:12 AM

fil1p said:
Cooler master is not the best, i have heard of them having troubles on some models. Antec, corsair, and seasonic make great psu's. Xfx also make good ones, from what I heard.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
m
l

Best solution

a c 158 ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 11:55:00 AM

Coolermaster oes make a good series of PSUs; the Silent Pro PSUs. I personally don't support them because of false labeling, false advertising, and extremely low quality of some of their lower-end series of PSUs, especially the Extreme Power lines. All of the XFX PSUs are actually mfr by...Seasonic who is arguably the finest PSU mfr in the market. They actually make a lot of PSUs for Antec and Corsair. These two companies contract Seasonic/other OEM PSU mfrs to make products for them that they then provide all of the customer support; this is not an uncommon practice in the market. This is a great resource for finding PSU reviews and who actually makes PSUs for different retailers: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 4:35:15 PM

Yes it will be sufficient, but if you want to sli gtx570's get a 750w psu
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:54:23 AM

Best answer selected by painboy666.
m
l
!