PC Crashed, Can't enter setup or windows.

cpfergus1

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hey guys,
Thanks in advance for checking out my problem, I have a pretty big issue on my hands.
So I just built a new system with following main hardware:
i-5 2500k
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO heat sink
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (8-8-8-24)
Corsair Force Series GT 120 gb ssd
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 1000W PSU
EVGA GTX 680 x2

This computer's CPU was overclocked to 4.8 GHz at the time of this event, and the system is less than a month old.

The event: I was playing Metro 2033 when all of a sudden my comp just reset itself (No BSOD, or errors, just a reset) and now my comp just hangs at the Mother board's initial setup screen (Not in BIOS). I attempted to clear the CMOS, removed my graphics cards, reseated components to no avail. I'm pretty stumped to why this occurred because I have bench marked/stress tested my computer and the CPU heat never exceeded 55 C, and the GPU heat never exceeded 75 C. If the PSU failed, would it even allow me to power my Comp? Or could this be an MB issue?
Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'm going to try and get in contact with ASRock tech support which will likely be a waist of time (never had luck contacting manufacturers).

Thanks

cpfergus1

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
The DRAM used is listed here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445&Tpk=F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
Quick update on the situation, My computer successfully turned on... I am still concerned though about what happened. Seeing how the computer would work after some time would suggest overheating? Could a safe guard trip prematurely?

Edit: The computer was not touched for about 15 hours, PSU turned completely off.