Sign in with
Your question

Corsair Carbide Series 500R

Last response: in Components
August 22, 2012 8:23:56 PM

So i was thinking of a little upgrade, and i heard that the Corsair Carbide Series 500R should have a really good airflow, and should be decent for overclocking.

Any of you got some experience with it? Or could you suggest a better case at the same price range? (Preferably not higher)

Thanks in advance!
August 22, 2012 9:22:25 PM

Its a great case, i recently helped my friend build a computer using this case and its huge. The side 200mm fan doesn't spin very fast but the case still has very good airflow. I'd say it'll be great for overclocking, as the case has room for many extra fans.
August 22, 2012 9:56:08 PM

jjtoutt said:
Its a great case, i recently helped my friend build a computer using this case and its huge. The side 200mm fan doesn't spin very fast but the case still has very good airflow. I'd say it'll be great for overclocking, as the case has room for many extra fans.

Great, +1 to the Corsair.

Anyone else with a suggestion?
Related resources
a c 165 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
August 22, 2012 10:03:04 PM

i have the 400R which is the sister case to the 500R (same exact case minus the side fan)

its a nice case and easy to build in (most modern cases seem to be that way) but I found the stock fans too loud for my audio taste. the case does do a fantastic job with cable management. does the case have good airflow? sure, but most modern cases have the same fan set up. will it help with OC? your CPU, mobo, and after market coolers all have more to do with OC then a case.

would i recommend the 400R/500R? yes unless you are looking for silence. I will also recommend some fan filters (top and side for the 400R and side for the 500R)

another case I personally like (in your price range) is the NZXT phantom 410 although its looks are not for everyone.
August 23, 2012 7:38:33 AM

ct1615 said:
i have the 400R which is the sister case to the 500R (same exact case minus the side fan)

its a nice case and easy to build in (most modern cases seem to be that way) but I found the stock fans too loud for my audio taste. the case does do a fantastic job with cable management. does the case have good airflow? sure, but most modern cases have the same fan set up. will it help with OC? your CPU, mobo, and after market coolers all have more to do with OC then a case.

would i recommend the 400R/500R? yes unless you are looking for silence. I will also recommend some fan filters (top and side for the 400R and side for the 500R)

another case I personally like (in your price range) is the NZXT phantom 410 although its looks are not for everyone.

I've been looking at the Phantom as well, and it's not really my taste as you're saying.

But there is also the NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series, which seems to be alright with 6 fans pre-installed, but the reviews says it's pretty poor quality, can someone confirm that?
December 21, 2012 3:31:06 PM

nicko11 said:
So i was thinking of a little upgrade, and i heard that the Corsair Carbide Series 500R should have a really good airflow, and should be decent for overclocking.

Any of you got some experience with it? Or could you suggest a better case at the same price range? (Preferably not higher)

Thanks in advance!

I know it was a while ago, but did you get the corsair carbide 500r? Great case! I've Had one for a while. I have an antec liquid cooler in it and I'm not sure about fan positioning. I'm getting dust build up which I didn't expect. Could you let me know when your not to busy how you've got your fans position in it.
a b ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 5:33:56 PM

very nice case, good airflow, great look, good room for expansion, top notch my friend.

u deserve a nice upgrade :) 

!