Out of the Blue,

Ryan

Why do ninjas and pirates hate each other so? Is it a spontaneous
thought everyone has once in a while? I did a French project featuring
Pirates vs. ninjas a while back, back before I even knew of there long
standing feud.

Where did it originate?

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Ryan wrote:

> Why do ninjas and pirates hate each other so? Is it a spontaneous
> thought everyone has once in a while? I did a French project featuring
> Pirates vs. ninjas a while back, back before I even knew of there long
> standing feud.
>
> Where did it originate?

It's a new one on me. But were ninjas employed by captains to protect
their boats from pirates back in the day?

In article <3Fexe.11114$oJ.10722@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, What-a-
rave!@askmeifyou.want says...
> Ryan wrote:
>
> > Why do ninjas and pirates hate each other so? Is it a spontaneous
> > thought everyone has once in a while? I did a French project featuring
> > Pirates vs. ninjas a while back, back before I even knew of there long
> > standing feud.
> >
> > Where did it originate?
>
> It's a new one on me. But were ninjas employed by captains to protect
> their boats from pirates back in the day?

Nah, you're confusing ninjas with cannons...
--

K4lM D0Wn, d34R. 17'Z 0NLY 4 K0Mm3Rc14L

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Bikini-Whacks wrote:
> In article <3Fexe.11114$oJ.10722@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, What-a-
> rave!@askmeifyou.want says...
>
>>Ryan wrote:
>>

>>>Why do ninjas and pirates hate each other so? Is it a spontaneous
>>>thought everyone has once in a while? I did a French project featuring
>>>Pirates vs. ninjas a while back, back before I even knew of there long
>>>standing feud.
>>>
>>>Where did it originate?
>>
>>It's a new one on me. But were ninjas employed by captains to protect
>>their boats from pirates back in the day?
>>

> Nah, you're confusing ninjas with cannons...

lol! yes that must be it! :)

Ryan wrote:
> Why do ninjas and pirates hate each other so? Is it a spontaneous
> thought everyone has once in a while? I did a French project featuring
> Pirates vs. ninjas a while back, back before I even knew of there long
> standing feud.
>
> Where did it originate?

well, if we're talking japanese ninjas they had a lot of reason to hate
the dutch, spanish, and american explorers during the 1800s. Westerners
were pretty bad over there; turning the chinese into drug addicts purely
for profit, and exploiting the hell out of slave labor for spices and
such (nutmeg in Indonesia for example). Maybe that's where it stuck?
Those people never saw those types of big ships prior but the Japanese
learned quickly how to protect themselves via the enemy "pirates" :)