Any suggestions on the parts I just ordered from Newegg.ca?

JeremyHill

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hey guys, here is a link to the parts I just bought to overhaul my computer: http://tinypic.com/r/2dh8bja/6

So what I'm looking for are opinions on all the parts. Well mainly the board and RAM, I've been scouring the internet for info on the PSU/GPU/CPU/Tower and they all seem to be the best performance and bang for your buck, But feel free to give some constructive input anyways. Those parts were all over my budget somewhat, but I couldn't justify the performance drop vs the money, for example, a GTX460 goes for 180$ here in Canada, but performs at half the specs that the 480 does, for only 50% more. 50% more cost for 100% more power = win.

So about the MOBO, and before people get started, yes I realize I ordered the OC'able version of the i5-2500(K) with a board that can't OC, and the reason being was because 3.3ghz stock speed should be MORE than capable for my game-play needs (WoW, The witcher 2, Fallout new vegas, skyrim, etc), And I plan to upgrade in a while when i have 200+ more dollars to blow, on a nice Z68 board, seeing as the CHEAPEST decent Z68 board goes for double what the biostar board I ordered is. Also I figured the Ram would perform well, I mean its 1333hz with 9-9-9-24 timings, for just $22.99 and I figure for gaming I wont be needing more than 4GB, especially with the 1.5GB of GPU RAM available for gaming.

So can anyone give input, such as where I can maybe swap out the board or RAM for a significant improvement, or maybe even the fans and fan controller, at only a few bucks more? I went double what my original budget was for this, and I'm gonna be eating beans for a while, so please don't suggest I throw another 100$+ in there. I did my research on most of the parts, and as far as I found through many many reviews, the parts are all good bang for your buck and will perform as I need them too.

thanks for any help, cheers.