Card for Swtor/Tiberium Wars with these stats please

iiiusion

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Hello I'm looking to upgrade to a card that can handle the games I run better. MMOs and RTS games, such as Swtor and Tiberium Wars.

My current graphics card is: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

and these are my computer's other stats:

stats2x.png

statswt.png

I thought I'd be able to run my games moderately smooth since everything was high but the graphics card but its not that good at all. I assume it'll be much better with a better gaming card.

Currently Tiberium Wars is smoothish but it can lag really bad.

Swtor I have on the lowest settings( 800 resolution, low everything, shadows off) and it still lags during many activities even with those cut backs

I want to spend the lowest amount possible to make Tiberum wars not laggy and Swtor run on 1080 and high with a higher fps rate.

Also, it would be nice if the card I got could last me for longer than just these games, so I don't have to upgrade immediately the next game that comes out.

My budgets only about $200-$300 so I don't even know if all that's possible. I'd like the least expensive card that can do if there even is one thank you guys.

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
as long as your motherboard has a pci express slot, a geforce 560 ti will run swtor on high, and run between 180 to 200ish after rebates...the g41 sound like onboard graphics. youd want to make sure you have a decent power supply too.

iiiusion

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Thank you guys for the reply. I wasn't savvy enough to find out where exactly my power supply is listed to post it.

I'm just a little confused, The $70 card seems like it'd be a great buy since its a lot less, but lupine said that the $180-200 one can run the game on high 1080.

My last question is if I can still run it on high with just the $70 card.

Thank you both for the responses, by the way.

iiiusion

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Ok, I see what your talking with my computer's dual core capping it out relatively low. Would it be best for me to just get both a graphics card and a core? Would the suggested $200 card be inefficient with my current core?

Jeez am I better off saving money and just getting a new better computer? Sorry kind of confused.
thanks

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I started off at the high end since you were looking for longevity...sorry for causing confusion. I think I'd look at the 6670 in the meantime to get up and going. and then start saving for the next upgrade in mind being new system. there should be a sticker on the power supply with info about it.