How many think a Folding at Home forum section would be good

Should we have a Folding@Home subsection on forum?

• Yes lets support a great cause

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No we dont need it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Hello :hello:

Folding @ Home is a distributed computing project that helps scientists by utilizing home user computers during non-use to fold proteins so scientists can hopefully find answers and cures for diseases like cancer,leukemia,diabetes etc

This is important to me since my Fiance has stage 4 incurable lymph node cancer and was given only 13 months to live by her oncology doctor

Hopefully what has happened to her can be prevented in the future.

Currently our Toms F@H team only has a single thread for this topic and needs our support

Thank you for reading this

So sorry to hear about your Fiancee! You guys are in my prayers.

How many 'yes' votes will convince Administration to place a Distributed Computing Section in the Forum? Would love to hear from a Moderator, Joe P, or an Administrator themselves.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Sorry to hear about your Fiancee, king smp! Thanks a lot for starting this poll, hopefully it will get the folding team some needed recognition!

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Pretty sure he's a forum regular, forum name is JackNaylorPE if memory serves correct.

EDIT: Guess he's more than just a forum regular, haha.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
king smp, as others have said, sorry to hear about your fiancée.

Everyone fold for different reasons, we all donate our time and money towards this and more than one thread would be great to help new and current folders.

Please help us out.

I voted no. Mainly because I disapprove of the massive cross-posting used to promote this project. That's enough to turn me off without reading further.

I suspect that only people who care will vote, so you will get an overwhelming, but irrelevant, "yes" vote.

Thanx for this thread, excellent idea!

thumbs-up-124x200.jpg

So if you don't care why did you vote?

How is it irrelevant when it means a lot to people as they feel it can make a differance to peoples and loved ones lives.

Your attitude towards this is enough to turn me off, hopefully I won't have to read any more of your irrelavant disapproving posts..