Sign in with
Your question

Problem seeing SLI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 3, 2012 12:25:52 PM

Hi all. First the specs.

MB- MSI Z68A-GD65-G3
CPU- i7 2600k
RAM- 8GB GSKILL Ripjaws X 1333 (7-7-7-21 timings)
GPU- 2 EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD
Heat Sink- COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP
PSU- Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W
SSD- Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Monitor- 2 SAMSUNG S23A300B (23 inch)
Case- COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1
BR Drive- LG Black Internal 12X Super Multi Blue with 3D Playback Blu-ray Disc Rewriter SATA
Reg Drive- SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AL/BSBE LightScribe Support
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (Yes I know I'm not using all my RAM. I thought I had 64 bit, so I'll fix that issue later)

I have built a couple computers, so I know what I'm doing for the most part, though I'm no vetern. However, I have never done SLI before. I finished throwing this build together last night. I have updated all the drivers and device manager shows no issues.

The problem is that I'm trying to get SLI going. SLI is not showing up in the NVIDIA control panel. It shows the PhysX, but no SLI. I think I installed the SLI bridge right. I'm not sure if it matters what way you hook them up. I watched a youtube video and matched what they did. I put it in so that the notches are on the graphics card's heat sink side.

I've googled and haven't found anything that works, so I'm not really sure what to do. I was thinking a BIOS update, but when I run the NTVD.exe it stops working. I did check MSI Live update and they said my BIOS was update, so that may not be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : problem sli

March 3, 2012 12:40:38 PM

This has happened to me too. I fixed it by running the driver install again. after that the SLI option showed up just fine. Don't uninstall first just install a second time.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2012 12:48:23 PM

It's in Nvidia control panel under configure SLI, then you maximize 3D performance to turn it on.
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2012 1:32:23 PM

I should probably save face and not say anything, but the 2nd card wasn't put in fully. I have an excuse for that, but none for not checking to see if both cards were in the device manager... /facepalm

Either way, thanks for the suggestions.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2012 2:44:01 PM

I spent 2 hrs re-inserting 2 RAM cards in 4 different slots and ordered new Ram before I found out I hadn't seated 1 of them enough. Been there, done that!
m
l
!