Windows Explorer - Using Folder View

Is there anyway to set the windows explorer to always us the Folder View by
default.
I've tried setting the folder view this way: Tools | Folder Options |View |
Like Current Folder, but this does not seem to work. I like the way the
Windows Explorer opens on W2K better because of this.

If anybody knows how to do this configuration, please let me know.

Thanks

In Tools / Folder Options / File Types, find "Folder" (not "File Folder") -
push the Advanced button, select Action "explore", and press the "Set Default"
button.

"JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote:
| Is there anyway to set the windows explorer to always us the Folder View by
| default.
| I've tried setting the folder view this way: Tools | Folder Options |View |
| Like Current Folder, but this does not seem to work. I like the way the
| Windows Explorer opens on W2K better because of this.
|
| If anybody knows how to do this configuration, please let me know.
|
| Thanks

Right-click your shortcut to Windows Explorer
Properties

In the "Target" field, insert /e, before full folder path. For example,
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\path\to\folder

If I understand you correctly (and I may not), this may be what you want

In Windows Explorer
Tools
Folder Options
General
Use Windows Classic folders

This opens Explorer with the folder structure in the left hand panel.

I am used to doing this, because when I set it to "Show common tasks in
folders" , my wife doesn't like it so I have to change it back. :)

Thanks for all 3-responses. It seems that all three work.
I prefer seeing my directory (folder) structure too.