Windows Explorer - Using Folder View

Is there anyway to set the windows explorer to always us the Folder View by
default.
I've tried setting the folder view this way: Tools | Folder Options |View |
Like Current Folder, but this does not seem to work. I like the way the
Windows Explorer opens on W2K better because of this.

If anybody knows how to do this configuration, please let me know.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer folder view

    In Tools / Folder Options / File Types, find "Folder" (not "File Folder") -
    push the Advanced button, select Action "explore", and press the "Set Default"
    button.

    "JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote:
    | Is there anyway to set the windows explorer to always us the Folder View by
    | default.
    | I've tried setting the folder view this way: Tools | Folder Options |View |
    | Like Current Folder, but this does not seem to work. I like the way the
    | Windows Explorer opens on W2K better because of this.
    |
    | If anybody knows how to do this configuration, please let me know.
    |
    | Thanks

    Right-click your shortcut to Windows Explorer
    Properties

    In the "Target" field, insert /e, before full folder path. For example,
    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\path\to\folder

    If I understand you correctly (and I may not), this may be what you want

    In Windows Explorer
    Tools
    Folder Options
    General
    Use Windows Classic folders

    This opens Explorer with the folder structure in the left hand panel.

    I am used to doing this, because when I set it to "Show common tasks in
    folders" , my wife doesn't like it so I have to change it back. :-)

    Thanks for all 3-responses. It seems that all three work.
    I prefer seeing my directory (folder) structure too.

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > If I understand you correctly (and I may not), this may be what you want
    >
    > In Windows Explorer
    > Tools
    > Folder Options
    > General
    > Use Windows Classic folders
    >
    > This opens Explorer with the folder structure in the left hand panel.
    >
    > I am used to doing this, because when I set it to "Show common tasks in
    > folders" , my wife doesn't like it so I have to change it back. :-)

Configuration Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP