Upgrading System

Hello everyone, It has been awhile since I last posted. After review of my system, I've deceided to upgade 3 major parts. I intend to do this in two phases. The first phase involves the replacement of my motherboard and cpu. the second replacement involves the video card. I deceided to replace my ASUS M4A78t-e with a ASUS Sabertooth 990FX. In the second phase, I intend to replace my ATI Radeon HD 5830 with a Sapphire HD 7850 2Gb (once I save enough money). However, I'm stuck on the CPU. I originally intended to replace my AMD Phenom II x4 965 with a AMD FX4100. I've read reviews indicating the cpu is the greatest. I generally play my games at stock resolution and settings. But, I wish to try hand in overclocking, can anyone recommend another CPU (which wouldn't break the bank) for my new board. Then again should stay with 965 until a better cpu in on the horizon
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading system
  1. I wouldn't change the CPU or the motherboard at the moment.
  2. Intel is STRONGLY Strongly recommended for gaming specially the sandy bridge ones...even the i3 2100 can beat and phenom or FX series....Get the Intel core i5 2500k with a suitable mobo and the graphic card is fine for high resolution gaming , where any AMD lags at high resolution........dont trust any of those phenom out i have suffered a lot..
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs Systems