Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
not that much most of the games uses 2cores only get an hd 6870 instead of 6950 for that setup you will be fine with that setup and hd 6870 will be my choice you should go with hd 6870 goodluck.:)

Exactly what PSU (make and model) do you have? A good 650 watt PSU should be able to power any single video card system...Emphasis on the good! :hello:

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I want to clarify that while the 80+ part is great, when Clark said "good" he meant and quality reputable brand with a strong warranty and reputation.

There are lots of bad sellers that stick performance numbers on the outside of crappy psus.

Exactly! Most around here would recommend Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax, PCP&C, some OCZ, &some XFX.

Check for reviews on sites like JonnyGuru, HardOCP, etc.

I suspect that You wont have an issue with powering a nice GPU for your system as long as the points posted above are all covered.
Let us know which CPU exactly and what games at what resolution you want to play and we can give you some suggestions.

Mactronix :)

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Should be able to run anything, Although the GTX590 is on the edge of what I feel comfortable. Your PSU has 53 amps on the 12volt rail and a GTX590 wants 50 amps. Not much wiggle room, but certainly doable.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

cpu's and gpu's are separate components that work together. One does not power the other, although one can limit the other. CPU's don't power graphics cards.

sunnk

Distinguished
not that much most of the games uses 2cores only get an hd 6870 instead of 6950 for that setup you will be fine with that setup and hd 6870 will be my choice you should go with hd 6870 goodluck.:)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.