Rate my build 1750 usd

Core i7 3770K
Noctua NH-D14
Maximus V Gene (Z77)
2x4GB G.Skill SNIPER Edition Dual Channel CL9-9-9-24 (Low Voltage)
Zotac GTX680
Sandisk Extreme 2.5'' 120GB
ARC Mini Micro Atx Black
SeaSonic 660W Gold

I thought that I don't need a really big case, as I only use one GPU, is my build even optional?

here abroad i could get it for 1750 usd.. it's probably MUCH cheaper in the us.
11 answers Last reply
More about rate build 1750
  1. With that motherboard you are losing lots of expand ability because it is Micro ATX. Here is a better Asus board for $200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820

The ATX motherboard will not fit in that case, here is a just as good case from NZXT which is $60 after MIR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146080
  2. thanks for your comment. but i don't really need those expanding abillities... a nice small case and small board appeals me more. other than that is it a good build?
  3. Yep, nothing else I can say really.
  4. i changed to a 3750k and thought of getting a stronger PSU like 750.. will the 660 be enough if i overclock?
  5. nigeriawithpipe said:
    i changed to a 3750k and thought of getting a stronger PSU like 750.. will the 660 be enough if i overclock?

Yeah a stronger PSU will certainly help if you plan to overclock or add a second 680 down the road. But Zotac isn't really the best brand for NVIDIA cards - go with EVGA instead.
  6. thanks for your reply, it just seems like there is no one who supplies other brands of the 680 gtx here. and assuming i am sticking to 1 GPU for now, could I still overclock with the current PSU?
  7. Honestly, if it is available, just get it.
  8. With all these changes, given the $ you are spending, it does not make sense to restrict your case. I think you should change the case for something solid and big.

I won't buy that SSD. I would buy Samsung 830. They are good and reliable.
  9. How do you know that Sandisk isn't reliable?
  10. I'm suspecting that it isn't as reliable due to its use of a generic SandForce controller. Marvell controller-based SSDs have higher reliability at the expensive of some speed. A good example would be Crucial m4.
  11. azeem40 said:
    How do you know that Sandisk isn't reliable?

Is it a Sandforce drive or not? If it is you're most likely going to run into the same issues that plague most Sandforce drives - from Intel, Corsair, Patriot, and so on. If it's Marvell based you won't really need to worry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems