MoBo: Gigabyte z77-UD3h Audio: VIA HD Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device
So 1st time I plugged in a set of speakers, they worked pretty well. However, there was a defect so I had to return them. I purchased a new set of speakers, plugged them in and now, there's no audio streaming to my speakers! Here are the things I tried:
1) Plug in and replug (failed)
2) Power down for 30 minutes (failed)
3) Removed and re-installed drivers (failed)
4) Removed and re-installed latest drivers (failed)
4) Removed the HDMI cable from the PC to my monitor and replaced it with a D-Sub cable (failed)
5) Unplugged and re-plugged speakers in a different port (failed)
6) Unplugged speakers and plugged in my headphones (failed)
7) Tested speakers on a different computer (works fine)
8) Changed Default audio device many times (failed)
Help guys! I'm out of options. What else can I do to make my audio work?
More aboutaudio front back panel
Don't know if this will work for you, but I had a similar problem and solved iy by reinstalling the chipset drivers from the MB CD.
Don't know if this will work for you, but I had a similar problem with an ASUS MB and solved it by reinstalling the chipset deivers from the MB CD.