Nokia 7110 no signal

I have a nokia 7110 which wont get a signal off of its own arieal but works
fine in my nokia car kit, any ]one any ideas befor i put it in for repair.

Regards

Graham
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 7110 signal

    Graham Prout wrote:
    > I have a nokia 7110 which wont get a signal off of its own arieal but
    > works fine in my nokia car kit, any ]one any ideas befor i put it in
    > for repair.

    Probably the same as with mine: A bad contact between the inbuilt
    antenna and the print. Open it and clean the contactpoint, and bend
    the metal of the antenna, and then maybe it's okay again.

    Good luck

    --
    Ola.

    Opened and closed it over a dozen times, cleaned, moved everything still
    nothing, i think i may have to put it in for repair.

    "Ola Valan" <ola.ledning@tiscali.no> wrote in message
    > Graham Prout wrote:
    > > I have a nokia 7110 which wont get a signal off of its own arieal but
    > > works fine in my nokia car kit, any ]one any ideas befor i put it in
    > > for repair.
    >
    > Probably the same as with mine: A bad contact between the inbuilt
    > antenna and the print. Open it and clean the contactpoint, and bend
    > the metal of the antenna, and then maybe it's okay again.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > --
    > Ola.

    Bend the aerial without opening it left and right etc? Might help...also try
    pushing it in... my 5110 has a similar problem...

    Graham Prout wrote:
    >> Opened and closed it over a dozen times, cleaned, moved everything
    >> still nothing, i think i may have to put it in for repair.
    >>

    >> "Ola Valan" <ola.ledning@tiscali.no> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Probably the same as with mine: A bad contact between the inbuilt
    >>> antenna and the print. Open it and clean the contactpoint, and bend
    >>> the metal of the antenna, and then maybe it's okay again.
    >>>
    >>> Good luck
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ola.

Nokia