My PC shut off and isn't coming back on pls help

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
So lately when i was using my pc it would randomly just turn off in two ways, 1) Just powers off. 2) screen goes black but it appears my tower stays on cause its stays lit up and the fans kick up higher. Well this morning it just cut off like number 1. so i went to sleep and when i woke up and tried to turn it on, nothing, but what i did notice was it kinda sounded like i still powers on and the blue light on speaker comes on but no fans kick on none of the LEDs light up and no image on screen.

Plz can someone help me.

PS wasnt sure what section of forum to put this under, srry.

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
the pc is a Emachines Et1331g-05w

its has a AMD Athlon II x2 250u Dual core proccesor

and i changed the GFX to a sapphire radeon hd 6850
and the psu is a corsair 430w builder series
and i addded a case fan

let me know if you need to know anything else

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
well when i could turn it on i used a program called speedfan and the hottest thing that i could remember was my gpu and it would run at 130 degrees but when i put a fan on it and turned my fan speed up it would run at 100-110 degrees

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
corsair isn't exactly known for making reliable PSU's. replaced one exactly like yours last week in fact.

like i said, take it to your local computer shop (not a place like bestbuy or staples), get them to test the PSU (should only take a minute, and no charge). if the PSU is confirmed to be the problem they'll gladly sell you a new one.

i'd suggest a 500W PSU from a more trusted brand (antec, power PC & cooling, thermaltake, silverstone, etc), should only be $50-$60.

EDIT now that i see your latest post: °C or °F?
even under load 100°C is way too hot!

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
If you have another machine with a compatible PSU, try swapping them. Be sure to remove your external card though as that may draw more power than the other PSU can supply.

If you dont, then I would recommend you just purchase another PSU and swap them out as a problem like this is 98% of the time the PSU.

kulmnar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

Does your system shutdown after being used for awhile (such as after an hour or so of gaming)? If so it could be heat.

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
so i took my old psu out and my gfx and plugged up the stock psu which is a 250w i believe and it booted up fine i put it in safe mode cause no gfx but yep def a psu problem, also it does shu off randomly never a set timne ive had it happen within a hour but had it happen after 7 hours so should i consider gettin somethin to help out my het problem

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
oh...dear 100-130 deg? is that C or F? If C, then your CPU and GPU are frying....You then want to take off the heat sinks, clean the existing thermal pastes (with a 99% spirit and clean with a lint free clothe or coffee filter paper or better get an arctic silver cleaning kit) and reapply arctic silver 5.

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
i ordered off newegg and got the 1 year warranty so i think i have to go through corsair, i dont really want another corsair but if they would replace it and maybe upgrade it if i gave more money i guess that would be better than buyin a whole new psu

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Since it is under warranty, see if you can seek a refund. If it is faulty, then probably you may have a choice of a replacement/upgrade or a refund. I would try and buy, say a Seasonic X750 Gold.

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I done the paperclip test on the psu and the fan started spinning so the psu is good so should i take out the fan i added cause it ran pretty good before i put it in or should i just upgrade anyway

DEADPOOL_515

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
so i booted it with new psu with onboard graphics and no fan in safe mode, it booted tried it with new psu it booted hooked up my 6850 and its on but some of my programs aint working like Minecraft, and i got all the plugs right