AMD PHENOM 2 X 560 Vs AMD FX 4100

sscalcuttawala

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012
Hello
(AMD PHENOM 2 X 560 Vs AMD FX 4100)

Last post made a fatal error in describing cpu (my bad) ,actually i want to know the better of the above mentioned cpu's which is the better one for upgrading keeoing in mind I want to use system for mid size work photo editing & some games no high end graphic games though

pl suggest whether Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard is better deal than ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard,the vendors say gigabyte is much better MB than ASUS both in quality & after sales service(India)

I am also open to suggestions for any other cpu mobo combinations but my budget is around $250 approx.( For CPU, MOBO, 4GB RAM ,PSU & Case only)
I have heard AMD will discontinue AM3+ socket in near future. Is it true
@ my budget do you guys think AMD is a better bet than Intel i3/i5

When you have a low budget like that you have to go with AMD because the cpu is a lot cheaper. You do want to keep in mind that you get what you pay for and if your going with a cpu because it's cheaper then there's a reason for that.
The Intel cpu's are more expensive and the one fault that I find with Intel is that they are unwilling to lower the price on thier cpus. As an example they still have a 2 year old cpu (990 x) for the same price , over $1000. AMD has never made a cpu that costs that much and when they put out a cpu it starts out low and the price is lowered on a regular basis.
So going with an Intel cpu while being the better option will cost you.
AMD is going to be focusing on the midrange cpu market and will not be making any top of the lne cpus other than what's currently in the pipeline.

sscalcuttawala

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012

Thank you sir for the effort you put in,appreciated much. :)