New PC Strange performance issue

Technoplume

Honorable
May 7, 2012
HI everyone,

So I updated some of my computer and I have found that the new one, witch is about 3x faster and stronger gives me low performance in some games... ?

Old pc was Asus Crosshair 1, AMD 4800+ 45 w (2 core), 4 gi ram, Asus GT560Ti 1gi, 500Gi sata 3G, running windows XP Pro SP3 on 32bit.

New PC is Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX-6100 (6 core), 8g Ram, Asus GT560Ti, 3x 160g Sata 6G in RAID 5, running win 7 home premium on 64 bit.

nvidia driver is 296.10

I keep the same PSU it'S a 750 watt active from thermaltake.

So I have tried 3 game so far, Perfect world, Alice Madness return and Never winter night 2. Theses are the games I play most recently.

On my old system, playing PWI I had to drop the GFX setting to minimum when we have guild wars on the week end, and even then the FPS drop so low when more then 80 player are around, that it was unplayable. On the new system it does well and let me have a decent 10 to 15 fps, just enough in the game to actually do something and react. It is now playable in fact. The problem I have trough is when moving, the game was before always fluid. Except when the game had to load a lot of player were the screen stop for 1 sec, it never did what it does on the new system. Now were ever I got, when walking after some distance, the fluidity of the game slow down. Whit fraps I have confirm that the FPS goes from 25-30 down to 15-20. It does that every few sec, making it really annoying. I have tried to run the game in admin, win xp mode, lowered gfx to minimum, etc it still lose fluidity.

So I tried NWN2 next, and this one runs perfectly, except for the fact that the video fan just start spinning like crazy, I have no lag in video or frame drop like in PWI.

Then I switch to Alice, On my old rig, the video was very pleasant to play, except were PhysX came in effect stopping the screen for 1 sec at some places, or slowed down a bit to load new area. But over all it was playable.

On the new rig, wow big disappointment, whit the same resolution and game setting the game is very unplayable. In places were the game was fluid on the old PC, it's lagging badly everywhere I move. I will play a bit more whit the PhyX setting.

I bench mark the computer and it gave me decent result. Performance test from passmark gave ~1500 point, compared to a 2 core, the PC score 3x higher everywhere except in 2d.

Any ideas were I should look to find the problem? The PC is 1 week old so it's pretty clean still.

antony365

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
i play pwi alot and have found that most of the stuttering is due to pwi's servers to check it to see if it was i logged o to one of the lesser used servers and it cleared up