Need a new graphic card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankkWhite

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new graphic card for my computer since it's a bit old. But i don't know what my computer can handle and i'd like some advice.. I also don't know what you guys need to know for you to help me. So just let me know what info i have to provide and how i can get that info for you guys to lend me a hand. Thanks, i'm willing to spend up to $200 by the way.

Solution
yes, it should work fine for what you have. no need for extra power to the card. will work fine off the pci-e slot.

the mention of memory. i read you only have 512............ that really is needed in your machine. Vista will eat most of it.

FrankkWhite

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

rwlaax.jpg

978twx.jpg

there ya go

LtnCharles

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
That is quite an old processor, and it might be a problem actually, if i were you i'd start saving money and upgrade to a new computer instead! Cause right now I don't think a graphics card would do much help to be honest!

LtnCharles

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011

+1 This if you don't like my idea, but really speaking a new graphics card will only make your system slightly faster!

FrankkWhite

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

What is a 5670?

Ah, i figured that much.. just thought i could get a graphic card to last me a bit while i try to get some money for a whole new computer. Thanks a lot though :(

LtnCharles

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Yeah... But if you can find a graphics card for 40ish bucks off ebay, thats decent (you would have to ask here) then sure its worth it, but those old components are still setting you back to be honest.

FrankkWhite

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Well I'll look into this "5670" one you know the full name or whatever for it? So i can search it, thanks for all your help btw.

FrankkWhite

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

I figured he didn't if others said it won't be worth it lol, and with my specs i can get a 6670 for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.