Last response: in CPUs
August 23, 2012 4:57:50 PM

Hello,
Which computer would you recommend for the the price tag around $1,500,
Thanks

More about : computer video editing

a c 158 à CPUs
August 23, 2012 10:34:16 PM

Video editing for $1500 would probably need to build it yourself. All the decent video editing pre-built system I know of cost much more.
m
l
August 24, 2012 2:20:05 AM

"
popatim said:
Video editing for $1500 would probably need to build it yourself. All the decent video editing pre-built system I know of cost much more.
"

Should I be looking to spend another $500? Are there specific cpu's and gpu's designed for video editing? I have had my Sony computer for 9 years and it's served me well, but when I bought an avchd camera it stopped serving it's purpose.
Thanks for taking time to respond.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 139 à CPUs
August 24, 2012 2:52:13 AM
August 24, 2012 4:31:25 AM

henydiah said:
see at videoguys for spec system :
http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recom...

Videoguys are a good reference point. After reading their article I can conclude the following:

Avchd camcorders and cameras should carry a disclaimer warning customers about the need to purchase a very expensive accessory(quad or six core cpu computer) for proper hd content editing .
There seems to exist an unspoken agreement between video software producers and Nvidia( Avid recomends only Nvidia Quadro cards, another program prevents GPU acceleration on ATI card because ATI's have no CUDA, or maybe ATI settled for second best . These are just my own speculations

Workstations made by HP use great components and are capable of flawless avchd editing but cost $$$, same with Dell workstations except the company is a little sloppy with driver installation. Overall both choices are great for hd video editing.

Apple's Mac Pro is another great choice. Their computers have thunderbolt connection. It allows for super fast connectivity with accessories that unfortunately cost $$$. Hopefully price will go down on those scarcely available products. Besides thunderbolt you can purchase MacPro with top notch i7 CPU. However they don't give much room for expansion, therefore they recommend getting as much memory as one can afford(16 GB recommended)

For those of us below $3,000 budget and closer to $2000(seems to be a minimum for video editing machine) there is a choice of high end i5 unit with maybe Asus mother board, Nvidia GTX 470/570/670, minimum 8GB Ram, 1TB Hd 7200 Rpm, second system drive highly recommended.

VideoGuys also recommend sandy bridge E processor.
Working with the file full system drive really slows down the computer.
This reply is based on VideoGuys article recommended by; quotemsg
Thanks a lot to "quotemsg" for recommending the above article
m
l
August 24, 2012 4:33:08 AM

Best answer selected by lestop9.
m
l
!