Sign in with
Your question

Configurated Gaming PC - Help Please

Last response: in Systems
May 7, 2012 10:03:49 PM

• Intel i5 3570k - Quad Core 3.50 GHz - Overclocked 3.50GHz - 4.60Ghs Max Requires Z68/Z78 Motherboard,
• 1155 Asus P8Z68-V LX,
• 8GB Corsair Memory DDR3 1600 (4 x 2GB),
• Integrated Sound Card,
• AKASA AK-968 X4 CPU COOLER,
• DVD+/- RW - 22X Samsung SATA,
• 1000Gb SATA Hard Drive SATA 3,
• No Secondary Hard Drive,
• ATI HD 6970 2048MB,
• No Monitor,
• CiT Mars Midi Tower Gaming Case with 2 x Blue LED Fans & LED Display,
• CORSAIR CMPSU-650TXUK,
• No Operating System,
• No Additional Software,
• Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Deskset,
• 12 Months Warranty,

£900

I have configurated it, but haven't ordered it yet. Are the specs compatible with eacother, such as the motherboard and the graphics card, and will it burn out in 1 year? And do the components allow each component to function to their 'fullest potential'

More about : configurated gaming

a b B Homebuilt system
May 7, 2012 10:08:28 PM

I'd get the Z77 Motherboard for that CPU so you can use the Native USB 3.0 of the 3570K. Although I own that Z68 board and it has on-board USB 3.0 so it is no big deal if you don't get it. Everything looks good. Great choices on the processor, video card, ram brand, and PSU.

If they have a 2 x 4Gb Kit of Ram I would get that instead of the 4 x 2 Gb Kit

The AKASA AK-968 is just so-so. If you could get a bigger CPU cooler like the CM Hyper 212 + or EVO. It'd be better. Ie, higher overclock potential
May 8, 2012 6:09:22 AM

pacioli said:
I'd get the Z77 Motherboard for that CPU so you can use the Native USB 3.0 of the 3570K. Although I own that Z68 board and it has on-board USB 3.0 so it is no big deal if you don't get it. Everything looks good. Great choices on the processor, video card, ram brand, and PSU.

If they have a 2 x 4Gb Kit of Ram I would get that instead of the 4 x 2 Gb Kit

The AKASA AK-968 is just so-so. If you could get a bigger CPU cooler like the CM Hyper 212 + or EVO. It'd be better. Ie, higher overclock potential

Wow, you really know your stuff, like every component just like that xD

What's the difference between the 3.0 usb on the motherboard I have, and the 'Native' 3.0 USB on the Z77 mother boards?

Also, I planned to get 2 x 4GB RAM, but this was a misclick.. lol, haven't ordered yet so it's fine.

There's a 'Corsair Hydro H80 High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler' however, I mentioned it to my friend, and he said liquid coolers are bad, for some reason? xD
Related resources
May 8, 2012 6:54:47 AM

Oh yeah guys, forgot to ask:

Anyone know any local store that allows you to configurate your own PC like this?

I'm looking around for the cheapest I can get it :bounce: 
a b B Homebuilt system
May 8, 2012 3:56:30 PM

jediarron said:
Wow, you really know your stuff, like every component just like that xD

What's the difference between the 3.0 usb on the motherboard I have, and the 'Native' 3.0 USB on the Z77 mother boards?

Also, I planned to get 2 x 4GB RAM, but this was a misclick.. lol, haven't ordered yet so it's fine.

There's a 'Corsair Hydro H80 High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler' however, I mentioned it to my friend, and he said liquid coolers are bad, for some reason? xD

LOL, Thanks
There is not much difference at all. You just get more USB 3.0 ports is all. USB 3.0 ports are backwards compatible with 2.0 and 1.0... So it future proofs you.

I am using a Corsair H70 liquid solution. It works great. It was very expensive though. You can get Air solutions for much less that give similiar performance. It performs about as well as some of the top air cooling devices. I got it because it looks amazing and frees up some extra room in the case. It also allows you to vent the heat straight out of the case where air solutions tend to just recirculate some of the hot air over and over within the case which increases the temperatures in the case.

I'm in the U.S. so I don't know about UK stores. There are many UK members of Tom's and I'm sure one will show up to help...

Overall if you make those changes I recommend You will have a great system that will perform well.
!