Sign in with
Your question

Screen keep going black/freezes and restart.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2012 4:42:10 AM

Hi, i've been having this problem for almost over 3weeks and its annoying now and I havnt got a clue what it is.
many post had said to be overheating of GPU or CPU or motherboard issue, but im not sure.

I have tried and reinstall the win7 again and same thing still happens.

My problem occur in many ways.
-Screen would freeze and self restart.
-Screen would suddenly go black while everything else still running(can hear music)
-Screen would go black and into power saving mode.(sometime it restart itself after power saving)

my GPU temp is around 55-70C even when doing nothing.
Temp1:47-50C
CPU: 47-50C

After i restart the pc from the crash i get this from Window.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86035024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030412-53664-01.dmp
C:\Users\Seang\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-129106-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

and something this would show after a black screen and was able to come back without restart.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 295.73 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

have tried downgrading it to 27_._ _ (forgot. -_-) still same.

Please Help. Thanks
I don't know if this is the right section to post but...
March 4, 2012 4:56:57 AM

hmm what a odd problem, so the pc does not turn of or reset? do you get blue screens? from what i can see if drivers are not working correctly could be something to do with the GPU. this most likely not going be issue but also could have a HDD falure? but prob not its something to do with drivers and graphics card or even the PCIE slot could be broke. best way to find problem is put GPU in another pc and boot up with ur monitor if problem happens then your PC is fine just something to do with the GPU/Monitor also if u could use another monitor and test if problem happens but bit hard to really fix a PC with this kind of issue with out being infront of PC

and what power supply do you have and wattage?
m
l
March 4, 2012 6:38:28 AM

boobiez said:
Hi, i've been having this problem for almost over 3weeks and its annoying now and I havnt got a clue what it is.
many post had said to be overheating of GPU or CPU or motherboard issue, but im not sure.

I have tried and reinstall the win7 again and same thing still happens.

My problem occur in many ways.
-Screen would freeze and self restart.
-Screen would suddenly go black while everything else still running(can hear music)
-Screen would go black and into power saving mode.(sometime it restart itself after power saving)

my GPU temp is around 55-70C even when doing nothing.
Temp1:47-50C
CPU: 47-50C

After i restart the pc from the crash i get this from Window.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86035024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030412-53664-01.dmp
C:\Users\Seang\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-129106-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

and something this would show after a black screen and was able to come back without restart.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 295.73 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

have tried downgrading it to 27_._ _ (forgot. -_-) still same.

Please Help. Thanks
I don't know if this is the right section to post but...

Alot of people are having the same problems with the newest 295.73 drivers including myself. I think the drivers might be changing the vid cards bios somehow. Just my guess though and no real proof. Check out nvidia's forums and do a search for 295.73 and you will see. I just RMA'd my card. Not even a new win 7 install and older drivers fixed the probelm.
m
l
!