Budget "Bang for the buck" gaming rig

Nilokster

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to put together a relatively affordable gaming rig this summer, and there are a plethora of hardware choices to choose from! So what I want to ask the community is: who can put together the most affordable, best performing rig of parts from Newegg.com? Just put together what you think is good and add a link to your shopping cart.

What I'm looking for is an affordable rig with a DEDICATED graphics card (only going to invest in an A-10 APU if the performance turns out to be amazing, but in that case I would have to wait for the summer release). Games I'm looking to play are BF3, the Mass Effect series, TF2, Guild Wars 2, and Minecraft.

Parts not need: Keyboard, mouse, monitor

Estimated budget: $450ish at the moment

Hi,

I think 450 is a bit of a tight budget to work with for a decent gaming system for the games you mentioned. Ideally, at least 600 would work out better. IT may also be a little bit soon to start shooting prices at you since you still have a little bit of time before you're ready to buy.

The Fusions APUs are pretty good, but they're really not up to snuff for a hardcore game like Battlefield 3.