Canon Easy phot print Software Problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 3, 2005 4:09:17 AM

I just got the Canon ip4000 Printer. So far, the printer is great. It came
with the above mentioned easy photo print software, but it doesn't work on
my system. I When I try to start it, I get an error: Bjexprn has caused an
error in OLE32.dll. Bjezprn will now close. I am running Windows ME. i tried
downloading a letre version from Canon, but got the same results. Nothing on
Canon's site and nothing useful from Google. IO can print just fine from
Photoshop, etc., but I'd like to at least see if this app is useful. Anyone
know a solution? Thanks.
July 3, 2005 4:09:18 AM

Alan wrote:

> I just got the Canon ip4000 Printer. So far, the printer is great. It came
> with the above mentioned easy photo print software, but it doesn't work on
> my system. I When I try to start it, I get an error: Bjexprn has caused an
> error in OLE32.dll.

Try to do a restore of OLE32.DLL from the windows disk using SFC from the
run/comand line. Could just be your OLE32.dll file is corrupted

--

Stacey
Anonymous

I don't have any help for you other than trying to get newer software, I
would advise getting the software going if you can, it is not brilliant but
is still quite good for basic small prints or proof sheets.

"Alan" <not.me@uhuh.rcn.com> wrote in message
>I just got the Canon ip4000 Printer. So far, the printer is great. It came
> with the above mentioned easy photo print software, but it doesn't work on
> my system. I When I try to start it, I get an error: Bjexprn has caused an
> error in OLE32.dll. Bjezprn will now close. I am running Windows ME. i
> tried
> downloading a letre version from Canon, but got the same results. Nothing
> on
> Canon's site and nothing useful from Google. IO can print just fine from
> Photoshop, etc., but I'd like to at least see if this app is useful.
> Anyone
> know a solution? Thanks.

July 3, 2005 7:18:36 AM

"Alan" <not.me@uhuh.rcn.com> wrote in message
> I just got the Canon ip4000 Printer. So far, the printer is great. It came
> with the above mentioned easy photo print software, but it doesn't work on
> my system. I When I try to start it, I get an error: Bjexprn has caused an
> error in OLE32.dll. Bjezprn will now close. I am running Windows ME. i
tried
> downloading a letre version from Canon, but got the same results. Nothing
on
> Canon's site and nothing useful from Google. IO can print just fine from
> Photoshop, etc., but I'd like to at least see if this app is useful.
Anyone
> know a solution? Thanks.

I fixed it. In case anyone else runs into the problem, here's what I did:

1. Uninstalled the program
2. Rebooted.
3. Disabled Norton Anti Virus (I suspect this was the culprit).
4. Reinstalled.
5. Ran the program. Worked great.
6. Then to further confirm, rebooted.
7. Ran the program again (with NAV running). Worked fine.

Thanks to those who offered help.
!