BUYING TONIGHT!! :DD

Get a much cheaper mobo. The Sabertooth might get you a slightly higher maximum overclock over, say, the $140 ASRock Z77 Extreme4, but that doesn't really matter and isn't worth $100.

Where are you planning to get that GPU? The only one I've seen available at anything close to the right price is a Galaxy reference model on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-68NPH6DV5ZGX/dp/B007KFDFW8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336435751&sr=8-3

If you're looking to spend this much money, I recommend that you get an SSD. They're now an important part of high-end builds. I got one recently myself, and it's been a miracle. Don't drop $2K+ to waste a solid two minutes in hang time with every boot. The Crucial M4 128gb is good, and so is the Samsung 830, which is slightly more expensive but supposedly more reliable.

There's no reason to get the liquid cooler. You'd be totally fine with a $50 Scythe Mugen 3.

That RAM's got giant heatsinks, and they won't do anything but get in the way. Go for the low-profile version. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Profile-1600mhz-PC3-12800/dp/B0058J1QII/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1336436277&sr=8-4

voodooking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2012
The ram is perfect. One great thing about it is that if your cooler is to low then you can use an alan wrench and take off the heat sinks letting the cooler clear.

The only thing I would add is that you seriously think about getting an SSD. It is so worth it.

I have found from experience that Corsair is a good company to be brand loyal to. They do it right.

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i dont think HDD are going to be popular in 2 years or even in 1 more year. SSD are going to take over.

and 1 year warranty will be good, 5 year is just too much i think.

the ways ssd are priced at the current moment, HDDs will remain popular. if your going to compare it to the post flood prices. if it were pre-flood, the average ratio of 1$ to gb was 1$:10gb for low end HDDs, and ssds atm are at a 1:1 on low end, and curves upwards for higher amounts. itll take even more years before ssds can be made cheaply

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

if you think soo..

hey its your build, at the end you are going to pick and buy what you prefer. ;)

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Lets make the arguement that why wait for 690 to come back in stock when 780 is right around the corner. As well as Haswell cpu. and DDR4 ram. As well as 12gb/s SSDs. As well as Graphene introduction.

So many things he can wait and get.

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

that is true, but the SSD are closer then you think.

TRENDING THREADS