Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Where can i buy High Flow Bracket for my gtx 580 ???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2012 7:05:10 AM

I have tried newegg,eBay,amazon and google but no luck. Please if anyone knows where I can buy one let me know!! Thnx

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
March 4, 2012 7:09:39 AM
Related resources
Anonymous
March 4, 2012 7:35:58 AM

Are they worth it?
March 4, 2012 3:18:29 PM

^ I would cut it up myself but I still have warranty on it so I don't want to risk it and void that warranty
March 4, 2012 4:22:50 PM

There nice, and in theory i think they would work. I looked at them myself, when i got my gtx 580sc. But i think it would void your warrenty by putting one on to be honest which is why i never got one. Even removing the little sticker on top of your card would void you warrenty according to evga, so im going to assume taking apart your card to put one on would void it. Ive been meaning to call evga and ask about it, but never got around to it.

Was also looking to grab one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQWJxav7z0
March 4, 2012 5:00:28 PM

Well i heard it drops 4-5C and i really need to cool it down due to poor ventilation in my case. Plus I'll keep original bracket. just in case when I need to return it for warranty then I just put it back on
March 4, 2012 5:04:41 PM

And also I don't see how that backplate would cool down the card I feel like its more for protection than cooling
March 4, 2012 5:08:04 PM

I would pick one up, cant hurt the temps at all. I just realized i originally looked up one for my 570 i bought at first. I ended up bringing it back after a few weeks and grabbed the 580. Just looked at the back of the case and realized my 580 actually does have the high flow bracket...lol never even realized. What are the temps on your 580? mine are usually 30-35 idle and 65-67 max on bf3. What kind of card do you have. i have an evga card and use evga percision. Ive tried a few fan settings and orginally had 50c/50%, 60c,60%,etc and was hitting 73-75c high...Now i have whatever my card temp is my fan temp adjusts too. 52c/52%, 64c/64%, etc. Helped my card drop 5 degrees, which is great cause i hate hearing the fan once it hits 70% and since ive changed it ive never seen over 67c.
March 4, 2012 6:11:47 PM

neal0790 said:
I would pick one up, cant hurt the temps at all. I just realized i originally looked up one for my 570 i bought at first. I ended up bringing it back after a few weeks and grabbed the 580. Just looked at the back of the case and realized my 580 actually does have the high flow bracket...lol never even realized. What are the temps on your 580? mine are usually 30-35 idle and 65-67 max on bf3. What kind of card do you have. i have an evga card and use evga percision. Ive tried a few fan settings and orginally had 50c/50%, 60c,60%,etc and was hitting 73-75c high...Now i have whatever my card temp is my fan temp adjusts too. 52c/52%, 64c/64%, etc. Helped my card drop 5 degrees, which is great cause i hate hearing the fan once it hits 70% and since ive changed it ive never seen over 67c.

I have regular gtx580 from NVIDIA and my temps idle 35 under bf3 load gets to 80 but I ocd the fan to 50/50 60/60 70/80 so it wont go over 80. It gets pretty loud after fan hits 75% so it's pretty much everytime its under load especially bf3 and sometimes skyrim and crysis 2
March 4, 2012 6:17:58 PM

I would try the fan setting i have. Seemed to really help. I hate when the fan gets over 70% because it does get loud. I havent heard it yet with my new settings. Just try to have the fan profile in a straight line going up. It works better cause now when my temps start to get to 70 the fans already going at 66/67%, not waiting till i get to 70 to start kicking on from 60 to 70. Im honestly amazed by the 6-7 degree decrease in temps. Before with the fan setting you have i was going to about 75c high degrees. Now i only get 67c max.
March 4, 2012 6:23:35 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a fail card to me.

whys that?
March 4, 2012 8:24:55 PM

lol wont feed the trolls.
March 4, 2012 11:45:46 PM

Ok ill try that.when does ur graph start going straight from 50 till the end or from where to where?
March 5, 2012 12:33:09 AM

mind starts from 40c-80c, just a straight line from 40 all the way up to 80. then 80-90c is 100%.
March 5, 2012 2:50:06 AM

^Oh ok and u r saying that it never goes over 67C when u have those fan settings?? U have much better case than me (which has only one exhaust fan in the back and nothing else,plus its a small case 16x16x7 inches so its packed), so i doubt ill achieve the same cooler temps. but ill try right now.

oh btw one way u can achieve lower temps and lower gpu usage is by limiting FPS. it all depends on your monitor tho.my max on monitor is 60hz, so i know i wont get better picture than that.those fps spikes(form like 30hz to 100hz) in the game like battlefield 3 are really noticeable.especially on fan.it gets really loud and then quiet and then repeats over and over.so what i did is limit my frame to 59hz.i play on 1080p so the quality is still nice. i dropped 4-5 C just by limiting in game FPS.u can do it by console command or by third party software. i did it by console command and didnt notice any mouse lag or anything like u would get by enabling v-sync.
maybe u know all of this already,but im just saying haha.
thnx for all the info btw!

ps:i ordered the high flow bracket it cost me $15 with shipping but i dont care im getting some money back from my taxes. haha
a b Î Nvidia
March 5, 2012 3:17:21 AM

Quote:
Overheating, Overpriced, To much Noise and needs to much power to run = Fail for a high end $500+ card.

You're just mad that you don't have a 580! :lol: 
March 5, 2012 3:20:44 AM

Quote:
I always found it weird how people have problems like mouse lag when running Vsynch I never turn it off and never have problems just a clean perfect picture.

lol i dont have problems with v-sync either im just speaking generaly.and yea im not that stupid that i would cut off pieces from bracket while its still on the card.
March 5, 2012 3:22:11 AM

amuffin said:
You're just mad that you don't have a 580! :lol: 

lol sure 580 is a monster indeed.just a little hot but wtf do u expect from a beast right?that thing needs power
March 5, 2012 4:26:25 AM

Quote:
See the problem is with the GTX 580 is that it is just a shined up re badged overpriced GTX 480 and I am not a fan boy or bigot I think GTX 570 and 560 ti are great cards and even still today the GTX 460 is a great little power house entry level card and it still turns me on but the fact remains the GTX 580 was never really all that great when all things are consider but where Nvidia really messed up as per usual on the 580 was the pricing because the many pitfalls of the GTX 580 could have been overlooked if the price was/is more attractive.

lol I got it for $400 so I have no complains but yea u pay good money for fastest single gpu on planet so why not lol.plus I read on NVIDIA that it is much improved from 480 especially overheating and other things that I don't recall.so it is not just overpriced shiny cute 480.
March 5, 2012 5:20:24 AM

i have a question which is rather silly, but would temperatures drop if i took the shroud off ?? what if i added another exhaust fan on top of back of the card to dispense the heat even more?? however i read somewhere that if u do take the shroud off it would make the card hotter since there is no airflow from card's fan blowing through the heatsink and out the back. some guy did testing on it and temps. did really get higher.
but i was just wandering if i did take the shroud off AND add exhaust fan on top OR possible even add blowing fan,if temps would be cooler. anyone any opinions?
a b Î Nvidia
March 5, 2012 6:56:30 AM

Why don't you just water cool it? :S
March 5, 2012 7:13:08 AM

I was thinking about liquid cooling but want to try cheaper air cooling methods. Plus I don't think I have enough room for pump and all that cuz my case in pretty packed with all messy wiring lol and its pretty narrow
a b Î Nvidia
March 5, 2012 7:29:41 AM

Replace the fan with a higher end one?
March 5, 2012 5:23:05 PM

I spent 480 bucks on my gtx 580 SC and it was worth every penny. When I got the card for the first time I put every setting possible on bf3 to max and it maintained a steady 60fps. Then went into crysis 2 did the same thing with dx11 and all the graphics packs and the card banged out 60fps again. That is worth it alone to me, not to mention the lifetime warrenty from evga. I built a gaming rig for performance and spent 1500 for the whole rig. I orginally got the 570 but I've seen an average of 15-20fps more with the 580. So I don't regret spending the extra 100 bucks at all. I could have saved money and gotten two 560's but then once I'm not happy with there performance I'm *** out of luck. At least I got options by throwing in another 580 when there going for 300 bucks, at least there no rush so I can wait it out.

Back to the OP your main issue is your case. Screw water cooling, it's not worth it fans will do the job. Your going to go out and spend over 100 on water cooling you might aswell just buy a better case. I got the antec 1100 and got 6 fans, two of them blowing directly on my graphics card.
March 5, 2012 6:10:06 PM

neal0790 said:
I spent 480 bucks on my gtx 580 SC and it was worth every penny. When I got the card for the first time I put every setting possible on bf3 to max and it maintained a steady 60fps. Then went into crysis 2 did the same thing with dx11 and all the graphics packs and the card banged out 60fps again. That is worth it alone to me, not to mention the lifetime warrenty from evga. I bought built a gaming rig for pormance and spent 1500 for the whole rig. I orginally got the 570 but I've seen an average of 15-20fps more with the 580. So I don't regret spending the extra 100 bucks at all. I could have said money and gotten two 560's but i then once I'm not happy with there performance I'm *** out of luck. At least I got options by throwing in another 580 when there going for 300 bucks, at least there no rush so I can wait it out.

Back to the OP your main issue is your case. Screw water cooling, it's not worth it fans will do the job. Your going to go out and spend over 100 on water cooling you might aswell just buy a better case. I got the antec 1100 and got 6 fans, two of them blowing directly on my graphics card.

Yea i agree my case really sucks but i cannot change it,since before i knew a lil about computers, i bought a stock HP computer which everyone knows have no case ventilation at all.one exhaust fan is all there is.i regret it and it really sucks but its too late for me.plus i made a thread in this forum asking if its possible to change case and transfer all my HP parts (mobo,powersupply,usb things...)to new better case,but i dont think it is possible. so unless i modify the whole case myself (like drill openings at the front or sides),it will always have bad air circulation. i really don't wanna modify it, since i have 3 years warranty on whole PC which came with the prize.once 3 years pass ill definitely build my own PC lol.for now im stuck with whatever i have,so im just trying to figure out best options to cool the case
March 9, 2012 12:29:55 AM

ok so btw i got my high flow bracket and yes it made a difference.my temp dropped 4C and the card itself is a lot quieter since there less obstruction from the bracket. fan doesn't hit more than 2800rpm at 80C.
March 9, 2012 3:37:00 AM

That's good to hear. Did you try the fan setting I suggested? Did it help at all?
March 9, 2012 4:12:11 AM

neal0790 said:
That's good to hear. Did you try the fan setting I suggested? Did it help at all?

yea I tried fan settings u suggested and it did bring my temp down however the fan would begin to be too loud but it lowered temp to 73-75C. Anyway i decided to go with settings i have now 45/50 75/80 95/100.i never went over 80C which is my max limit.plus since i got new bracket fan is less loud and dropped 4C like a mentioned.lol i like quieter and hotter card rather then cooler and louder.plus NVIDIA said 80C is normal for gtx580.limit is 97C and I'm far from that haha.
Ps: i even tried removing shroud off and adding side fan, oh man good thing i turned off my PC before i could be cooking eggs on the gpu.it started smelling as it got to 92C and i only just turned battlefield 3 on haha
March 19, 2012 12:25:18 AM

Best answer selected by eclipsebmx.
a b Î Nvidia
March 19, 2012 9:10:23 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
!