Should I get this MSI GTX 560 TI card? Or anything else? (i7 930)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilpirate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Coming Week

BUDGET : ~USD $300/ ~INR 15k

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Programming,Hard-core gaming, High-def movies

CURRENT GPU: nVidia 9400GT
POWER SUPPLY: VIP 500W supply

SYSTEM SPECS: i7 930, Intel WX58BP, 2x 2 GB

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: None

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x1200

How's this GTX 560 Ti? Or should I get anything other than GTX 560 Ti?

Which one among these?
Seasonic 500W
Corsair 500W

I don't have A/C in my room and temperature in summer soars as high as 45 degrees C. I'm looking for a good GPU that'd harness the power of i7.

NOTE - I'm from India so I'll get parts from Flipkart. Local dealers here are way too expensive because they themselves order parts from metro cities.

Solution
I doubt that a GTX 560Ti can survive that climate for long without degrading over time. If you get the msi version be sure to buy two 80mm fan and remove the face plate and stock fans. The new fans must be the highest flow rate that you can find. It won't look pretty and will be loud but it will last a lot longer than most.
I doubt that a GTX 560Ti can survive that climate for long without degrading over time. If you get the msi version be sure to buy two 80mm fan and remove the face plate and stock fans. The new fans must be the highest flow rate that you can find. It won't look pretty and will be loud but it will last a lot longer than most.

Solution

lilpirate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I just bought the Corsair PSU and 560Ti.
@nforce4max Are you talking about the fans on the GPU or my cabinet? I've two fans on my cabinet (PSU has a separate one for itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.