Sign in with
Your question

Computer BSOD, now slow post, does not find boot device.

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Blue Screen
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 8, 2012 1:31:14 AM

I just built my second computer after my first system crapped out after 6 years. It has been running fine for about 2 weeks, then suddenly it started freezing today, and blam, BSOD and instant shut down. I didn't get the error code. So I try to reboot and I get these errors:

POST is extremely slow, bunch of beeps, no access at all to BIOS options.
I get around 11-13 beeps, all sound the same, bunch of different error codes, usually stops at 6B.
If it then goes to 00, it boots into bios and does not recognize boot device.
When I try to go into any of the bios options or settings, it doesn't let me. Every time I press f2 my motherboard beeps. Nothing happens, it just tries to find a book drive again.
I tried running hard drive chkdsk and it doesn't show any drive other than cd.
I tried start up repair and memory tests from windows disks and they don't run, I get errors.
I tried doing fresh install of windows, it cannot find my drive.
I think my motherboard is broken, or my hard drive.

I just got these components new (except the GPU ) around 2 weeks ago.

My system is:
Intel DP67BG Extreme Series motherboard
Intel core i7 2600k
16gb Corsair vengeance RAM
GTX 260 Core 216 (old but still working)
1200 watt cool-master silent pro PSU (was going to do dual gtx 680s)

I also have a Corsair H80 that slightly pushes up on the RAM stick closest to the CPU, it doesn't touch the next stick so it's not a lot,it should not really cause a problem since it is pushing on the heat sink not the actual stick. I tested all the RAM by putting a single stick on the first slot and it had no problems as far as I could tell.

I'm getting desperate, I need that computer to do my schoolwork. Please help :cry: 

More about : computer bsod slow post find boot device

a b B Homebuilt system
May 8, 2012 1:54:01 AM

did you check the cmos battery if she's 3 volts you could also try the drive in another system as second or in a external case with the maker test tools
m
l
Related resources
!