Need help with a budget gaming computer, ~$600-$800

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: $600-$800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming- Tera, D3, SC2, possibly BF3 (would like to run all but BF3 on high-max)

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, Case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Ncix, Bestdirect.ca, possibly Ebay (trusted sellers + new parts only)

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: CPU only

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:

This is going to be my first build. I've done some research on the parts, but I'm a complete newb so I don't know how compatible certain parts would be etc. These are the parts I was considering using:

CPU + Motherboard-
Intel i5 + Asrock z77 Pro 3 combo

PSU- (No idea how much power I'd need)
OCZ Technology Elitexstream 1000w
or maybe
Coolermaster GX 750W 80+

GPU-
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560 Ti Fermi 900MHZ 1gb
or
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Windforce 820Mhz 1gb With the intent to crossfire in the near future

Hard Drive-
OCZ Vertex Plus 120gb 2.5IN Sata2

RAM-
Kingston Hyperx 2x4gb DDR3 1600mhz

Optical Drive-
Asus DRW-24b1ST 24x SATA DVD Writer

External Storage-
Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive

So is there anything I should change, and are the parts I've listed compatible? I'm mostly curious about the PSU/Mobo, especially if I were to go the crossfire Radeon route.
5 answers Last reply
More about need budget gaming computer
  1. If you're intending to SLI/X-Fire in future, go with the 750W PSU
    Comparing vid cards look at 7850 vs 560 Ti (should be about same price)
    don't forget an optical drive
  2. Added cheap RAM and Optical Drive from NCIX. Radeon HD7850 is a little out of my price range; 560ti on sale is already on the border. Other than that, does anything stand out? Crossfiring with that motherboard + 750w PSU is fine? )
  3. Yes, it is.
  4. Will this setup with a single Radeon 6850 be able to run Tera/d3/starcraft on high?
  5. shawnfiti said:
    Will this setup with a single Radeon 6850 be able to run Tera/d3/starcraft on high?

i know its yes to d3(low req for 1920x1080) and SCII but i dont know much about tera, but i would assume so
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems