XFX 1 GB 6870s in Crossfire Bottlenecked and need to refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

zynomics

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi, I have just purchased two 1 GB 6870s and apparently I've logged the Vram to a file and everytime it maxes the ram it lags terribly. Totally unplayable. The cards themselves dont use 100% usage so if i keep them it would totally be a waste.
It says i can still refund these cards but how much money will i be spending to get them returned?
Someone told me i have to pay 15% blah blah blah. What are the specifics on this procesS?

Solution

We here at toms do not condone illegal activity... IF you really don't want it send it back paying the 20 dollar restocking fee...

zynomics

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I've went through some testing to make sure it was the vRam doing it.
Specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.7 GHz
16 GB of 1600MHz Ram
Antec 750 Watt Powersupply
and those two 6870s.

I play at 1680x1050 fullscreened normally. and i can play that with no lag if i turn the texture resolutions down and the AA off. x2 works for about 1 minute until i noticed the lag.
I used GPU-z to monitor the vram when i was playing in fullscreen and right as it started to lag i checked the files.
It said that the vram was at 1970 which is almost capped. Then i go back in game until the lag stops and the vram is back to around 1500.

G

No offense, but why are you asking about a companies return policy here in the forums, when you could just go to said company and ask them about it.

larkspur

Distinguished
We don't really know where or when you bought them. But if you can return them to the retailer for store-credit try that first. Sometimes they don't charge a "restocking" fee for exchanges though you've clearly already opened and installed them so I dunno. Read up on the specific retailer's return policies.

zynomics

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Okay okay stop beating me up! I got them from newegg. Im playing BF3. And its not actually using 1700 vram. Thats because its crossfire and its adding them together.

And i know for a fact i can return them but i dont want to do it if im going to get charged. IDK. I'm new and i'd just like some guidance. Also what is micro stuttering?

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Just remember if you tell them that they broke and don't work just to get a refund, its considered fraud and if you get caught you might get in trouble depending on where you went. The store i worked at we tested it right there in front of the customer to make sure it was for sure broken. Otherwise if the store you bought it at has a return policy that says if you find its not up to par with your standards then by all means go ahead and return it.

zynomics

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Okay so on newegg i should say they do not work? Cause it does give me options and i don't really feel like wasting the time sending them back if i'm going to get denied.

We here at toms do not condone illegal activity... IF you really don't want it send it back paying the 20 dollar restocking fee...

Solution

Phyrexiancure

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
You could try turning down antistrophic filtering to 4x. It consumes quite a bit of vram memory and the difference between 4x and 16x is marginal. Deferred anti aliasing might also be the issue. AMD 6000 series cards are not optimized for how battlefield implements anti aliasing.

zynomics

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

You're Asking if you can return a track that you purchased on beatport that goes through 3 or 4 distributors and also is not returnable?
lol. I dont see how this is relevant.

Phyrexiancure

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
This could probably easily be solved by changing your settings to not overload the ram. Maybe even updating drivers, I would doubt a modern gpu like the would bottle neck itself under reasonable settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.