Powered vga splitter on a dell I-570

siraako871

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hello,
just swapped a new dell desktop 570 into my current setup of wdws xp with a vga splitter box to lcd and tv monitor. problem is that the dell pc only recognizes the lcd monitor, and not the tv. the tv only gets a signal when wdws 7 starts up, but as soon as desktop appears, it turns into a blue screen that says unsupported video signal? so, i tried lowering the screen resolution that worked before, 1084 x 760, but to no avail. also, i tried hooking up an hdmi cable to a another lcd tv. the dell pc doesn't detect it, even after restarts. any input is greatly appreciated, as i'm getting frustrated that a new pc wouldn't do this. would a dedicated video card remedy this situation? if so, suggestion on a basic vcard that can just stream a signal like netflix into a 40 inch lcd tv, hdmi preferred. tnx. :(

siraako871

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012

sorry, pc has built in ati hd4200 card that has updated drivers. vga and hdmi output

joesden

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
You need to make sure you select the input as VGA on your TV. The VGA Splitter will only work if it sees it as a VGA signal. I have used KVMSwitchTech's VGA Splitters in the past and they work pretty well with monitors, projectors and TVs.