Freezing issues. Asus DCII 570

Xavierwallz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hey all,

I have been having some issues when I try and start up games. Honestly, I only have two games installed right now. (World of Tanks & Skyrim) They both crash with a minute of starting the game. Its not just the card that freezes but the entire computer. I get no error codes and its getting quite frustrating. This build is less than a week old.

My build:

Core i5-2500k @ 4.7Ghz
8GB Gskill memory DDR3 1600Mhz
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Mobo (Bios 2302)
Asus DCII Gtx 570 GPU (Stock)
750W Antec Modular PSU
120GB Sandisk SSD/320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

I have tried everything I know, such as loading bios defaults and updating bios to most recent. Running processor at reference speeds and using WHQL 295.73 for GPU drivers. I dont know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Also, I tried running furmark and it freezes as well around 40% mark on both 720p and 1080p benchmarks. Diagnostics dont show any hardware malfunctions... so what gives?

Thanks in advance!

Xavierwallz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Yea I would say its stable, I ran prime for about 3 hours after intial overclock. didnt get past 69c. Regardless, I had it on stock after my problems occured thinking my overclock was the problem. (Its stock as of this post) Using Hyper 212 Evo with push/pull setup.

Xavierwallz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Although it just locks up during gameplay, once in a while it says this when running Furmark.

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue. The application must close.
Error Code 7