What should my CPU voltage be?

dmo90

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
What should my CPU voltage be?

CPU -Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Right now in my bios it says it's running at +1.024 V but to me that seems a little low. I keep getting crashes and random blue screens which I thought was do to a faulty graphics card(kept getting display driver stopped responding and has recovered error). Would increasing my CPU voltage help? If so, what's a safe amount to increase it to?

Thanks

The Ivy Bridge cpu is a low power cpu and was built with low voltage in mind so the voltage that you have posted is correct and does not need to be increased. The temp that you posted is also fine and is a good low temp.
Your blue screen crashes must be from another reason. They could be from a faulty video card and or drivers.

dmo90

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Would it be a bad idea then to increase the voltage by say .1 V to see if anything changes?

wicklow

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
try to get Core Temp 1.o RC5 to monitor you temperatures. overclocking puts alot of stress on your cpu. and even in windows it may be a safe temperature, however in high graphic games it may crash to a blue screen. so use the program to safely monitor your temperatures for the cores. if you play a game and it exceed a unsafe temperature it will crash with a blue screen. 90+C will cause a crash.