CD directory

I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
having to type all the entries.
Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
individual files not folders that contain them.
What do you suggest? Thanks,
Bill

More about directory

    Google for *printfolder*

    HTH

    "Bill W." <wielert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
    > having to type all the entries.
    > Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
    > copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
    > individual files not folders that contain them.
    > What do you suggest? Thanks,
    > Bill

    "Bill W." <wielert@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    | I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
    | having to type all the entries.
    | Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
    | copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
    | individual files not folders that contain them.
    | What do you suggest? Thanks,
    | Bill

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp Directory Printer
    (choose print to file)

    Attached is a VBScript that generate the shell properties (what you see or could see in Explorer). It is a 51 column csv. There is about 40 properties on a standard XP and I've allowed about 10 columns for custom properties that applications may add. Those whove seen it before this one automatically finds the desktop rather than editing the script. To use, drop a folder on it or place in Sendto and send a folder to it. If using the for command (below) you must run it once whereever you put it so it can be found.

    To do sub folders type in a command prompt in the folder that you want to start in (It also does the parent folder - a quirk of For)
    for /r %A in (.) do start "" /w "PrintDetailsAppend" "%~dpA"

    It creates a file on the desktop called Folder Property List.txt

    Copy the following line into a text document and rename it to PrintDetailsAppend.vbs

    Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
    set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

    WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Wscript.ScriptName & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Left(Wscript.ScriptName, Len(Wscript.ScriptName)-3) & "exe" & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)

    Set Fldr=objShell.NameSpace(Ag(0))

    Set FldrItems=Fldr.Items

    Set DeskFldr=objShell.Namespace(16)
    FName=fso.buildpath(DeskFldr.self.path, "Folder Property List.txt")

    Set ts = fso.OpenTextFile(FName, 8, vbtrue)

    For x = 0 to 50
    t1 = t1 & Fldr.GetDetailsOf(vbnull, x) & " (Shell)" & vbtab
    Next
    ts.write FLDR.self.path &vbcrlf
    ts.Write T1 & vbcrlf
    T1=""

    For Each FldrItem in FldrItems
    For x = 0 to 50
    t1 = t1 & Fldr.GetDetailsOf(FldrItem, x) & vbtab
    Next
    t1=t1 & vbcrlf
    ts.Write T1
    T1=""
    Next

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Bill W." <wielert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:e3L%23jLU4EHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
    > having to type all the entries.
    > Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
    > copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
    > individual files not folders that contain them.
    > What do you suggest? Thanks,
    > Bill

    Try
    go to the dos prompt, navigate to the directory the type

    dir/s > filename.txt

    The hit enter
    The file list will be in filename.txt

    "Bill W." <wielert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
    > having to type all the entries.
    > Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
    > copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
    > individual files not folders that contain them.
    > What do you suggest? Thanks,
    > Bill

    thanks, i've benn looking for smth like this for a lonk time...
    is there any way it prints only what's in the folder, not also all
    subfoolders???

    thanks

    "baudwalker" <barry@intercomp.com.au> wrote in message
    > Try
    > go to the dos prompt, navigate to the directory the type
    >
    > dir/s > filename.txt
    >
    > The hit enter
    > The file list will be in filename.txt
    >

    > "Bill W." <wielert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>I would like to make a file directory of my CD and DVD contents without
    >> having to type all the entries.
    >> Making a Printscreen shot of them is kinda bulky and I could not select,
    >> copy and paste them into a file since it would only copy and paste
    >> individual files not folders that contain them.
    >> What do you suggest? Thanks,
    >> Bill
    >>
    >> --

    Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. I'm on my way now.
    Bill

    "myha" <miha.petkovsek@gmail.com> wrote:
    | thanks, i've benn looking for smth like this for a lonk time...
    | is there any way it prints only what's in the folder, not also all
    | subfoolders???

    Open a cmd window, navigate to the directory, then type

    dir > filename.txt
    Enter

    The file list will be in filename.txt

    REFERENCE:
    Start
    Run
    C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe "ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm"
    Scroll down to DIR

    Thank you very much!!!!

    "a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "myha" <miha.petkovsek@gmail.com> wrote:
    > | thanks, i've benn looking for smth like this for a lonk time...
    > | is there any way it prints only what's in the folder, not also all
    > | subfoolders???
    >
    > Open a cmd window, navigate to the directory, then type
    >
    > dir > filename.txt
    > Enter
    >
    > The file list will be in filename.txt
    >
    > REFERENCE:
    > Start
    > Run
    > C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe "ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm"
    > Scroll down to DIR

Configuration CD-Rom Customization Microsoft Windows XP