• Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 4:53:25 PM

First off i would like to say the 7970 is a fricken monster.I can get 1125 without any kind of voltage tweak,however the slider will not let me go past that in msi afterburner.I tried all the config and registry altering but i cannot unlock any further.I also downloaded saphire trixx and it keeps telling me to disable ulps and the box is checked like it is suppose to be but it keeps telling me i cant overclock until its disabled.Is there an older ati driver that will allow me to go to 1200+?I think this card has alot more left in the tank.1125 temps stay 65 or below

More about : 7970 overclocking

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 5:36:25 PM

ya i tried that and when i go to click save it says access denied.I clicked to run as admin and no go.Unchecked the read only and still no go hmm
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2012 5:39:53 PM

If you are using windows 7 then some ini files need to first be copied to the desktop, then edited, then copied back to it's original location, replacing what ever file is in there.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 5:47:39 PM

no go this is becoming more trouble then its worth.thanks for all the help though.Ie done everything gone to 6 different forums and nothing works.I was hoping there was something else that might actually work without jumping through hoops
m
l
March 4, 2012 5:51:01 PM

if all else fails and you are willing to take a risk, or if you have a old pci videocard (eg a geforce 2) then consider modding the videocards bios. there you can set voltages and clock speeds (just know that if you pick something unstable and lose picture, you better hope that you can blindly boot into dos and restore the original bios, or have a old videocard on hand so you can have some picture as you restore the old bios

the benefit from doing this is you wont have to have resource hogging software managing the overclock and the overclock will be in effect regardless of OS
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 5:53:27 PM

ya thats to much risk for me if it was a 200$ card id give it a shot lol.thanks though
m
l