New Nokia PC Suite

Last response: in Brands
May 12, 2004 1:00:47 AM

I just downloaded the new Nokia Suite 6.1 today and it is very nice compared to
the past version 5.6 that I was using. It has some new features, including the
one to transfer images from the phone to the PC that wasn't in the other
version.

Give it a try if you haven't.

--
John S.

More about : nokia suite

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 1:00:48 AM

sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote in message news:<20040511170047.22589.00000317@mb-m29.aol.com>...
> I just downloaded the new Nokia Suite 6.1 today and it is very nice compared to
> the past version 5.6 that I was using. It has some new features, including the
> one to transfer images from the phone to the PC that wasn't in the other
> version.

Here's a dumb question maybe you can answer- is the a "generic" Nokia
PC suite for all current Nokia phones? My 3650 has it's own "PC Suite
for 36xx" that never has worked right (Nokia Connection Manager says
my phone is connected, but PC Suite 3650 says it isn't!)

Lastly (just venting now) what increadible "magic" do these stupid
suite programs do that require them to be 30+ MB! Whole operating
systems took less space just a few years ago. I just want to back up
and edit my phonebook for crissakes!
May 12, 2004 2:48:16 AM

it comes with all the new nokia phones, and yes its very good. Although my
system slows down when its showing those splash screens (the way it fades in
then out)
May 12, 2004 1:40:46 PM

On 11 May 2004 20:49:51 -0700, elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock)
wrote:

>sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote in message news:<20040511170047.22589.00000317@mb-m29.aol.com>...
>> I just downloaded the new Nokia Suite 6.1 today and it is very nice compared to
>> the past version 5.6 that I was using. It has some new features, including the
>> one to transfer images from the phone to the PC that wasn't in the other
>> version.
>
>Here's a dumb question maybe you can answer- is the a "generic" Nokia
>PC suite for all current Nokia phones? My 3650 has it's own "PC Suite
>for 36xx" that never has worked right (Nokia Connection Manager says
>my phone is connected, but PC Suite 3650 says it isn't!)

Yes, pc suite 6 is a 'universal' piece of software for Windows 2000
and XP but isn't for the symbian range of phones.

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54698,00.html
May 12, 2004 5:32:18 PM

30Mb is nothing on a 120GB harddrive? upgrade your harddrive.

Datasuite = compatiability for most nokia phones so they save money not
making loads of different versions + having to update those versions

Converts midi files to work on your nokia,
Converts images to the right size to fit on your nokia,
Sync's your nokias calander to outlook,
Edit contacts on your computer from your nokia,
Install Nokia applications,
Backup content on your phone
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 7:26:49 PM

See http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54692,00.html#requirement... for a PC Suite /
phone compatibility table.
Regards, Paul.

On 11 May 2004 20:49:51 -0700, elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

>sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote in message news:<20040511170047.22589.00000317@mb-m29.aol.com>...
>> I just downloaded the new Nokia Suite 6.1 today and it is very nice compared to
>> the past version 5.6 that I was using. It has some new features, including the
>> one to transfer images from the phone to the PC that wasn't in the other
>> version.
>
>Here's a dumb question maybe you can answer- is the a "generic" Nokia
>PC suite for all current Nokia phones? My 3650 has it's own "PC Suite
>for 36xx" that never has worked right (Nokia Connection Manager says
>my phone is connected, but PC Suite 3650 says it isn't!)
>
>Lastly (just venting now) what increadible "magic" do these stupid
>suite programs do that require them to be 30+ MB! Whole operating
>systems took less space just a few years ago. I just want to back up
>and edit my phonebook for crissakes!
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:52:50 AM

>Here's a dumb question maybe you can answer- is the a "generic" Nokia
>PC suite for all current Nokia phones? My 3650 has it's own "PC Suite
>for 36xx" that never has worked right (Nokia Connection Manager says
>my phone is connected, but PC Suite 3650 says it isn't!)

I can't really answer your question. I never used anything except the 5.6 and
now the 6.1. And I never tried anything with any of the other phones I have had
until I got the (company provided) 6200. I now have that 6200 and the newer
6820. Both work wonderfully with the new software but the 6820 didn't work well
with the previous version!

--
John S.
May 13, 2004 12:00:09 PM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c7t5gh$vqb$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> 30Mb is nothing on a 120GB harddrive? upgrade your harddrive.

I have a 120GB drive, thank you. My HD size is no excuse for
bloatware.

> Datasuite = compatiability for most nokia phones so they save money not
> making loads of different versions...

Then why do I need different Suites for my 3650 and 6610? ;-)

> + having to update those versions

Why not create modular software? I don't have every printer driver
ever written installed on my PC- likewise, why doesn't PC Suite
utilize "drivers" or "modules" for just the 3 or 4 phones I own?

> Converts midi files to work on your nokia,
> Converts images to the right size to fit on your nokia,
> Sync's your nokias calander to outlook,
> Edit contacts on your computer from your nokia,
> Install Nokia applications,
> Backup content on your phone

I know the "bullet" features of the s/w, I'm just saying it's bloated,
and has that Microsoft-style hubris ("we're going to take over your
com port and you can't use it for anything else"). I love dedicating
a com port to a piece of software I use maybe once a month to backup a
phone!

Sorry to offend- I love Nokia's phones, I've just never seen anything
to like in any version of data suite I've ever used, going back to
version 2...
!