Customizing right side of Start Menu

I wanted to know if there was a way that I could edit and or change the
icons on the right side of the start menu?

Any help would great be great!!!!!

Using Win XP SP2 and all updates

Thx J Hamer
4 answers Last reply
More about customizing side start menu

    Yes, you can drag icons to and from the 'Quick Launch' bar at will or
    right-click them to edit.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "J Hamer" wrote:
    |I wanted to know if there was a way that I could edit and or change the
    | icons on the right side of the start menu?
    |
    | Any help would great be great!!!!!
    |
    | Using Win XP SP2 and all updates
    |
    | Thx J Hamer

    Dave , I was wanting to know if there was a way to replace the icons/ start
    menu
    .cpl's on the start menu. Like the my documents, my pictures, my music,
    my computer and so forth. Not make it where they are not there totally
    replace them with different icon and links.

    thx again

    J Hamer
    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Yes, you can drag icons to and from the 'Quick Launch' bar at will or
    > right-click them to edit.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "J Hamer" wrote:
    > |I wanted to know if there was a way that I could edit and or change the
    > | icons on the right side of the start menu?
    > |
    > | Any help would great be great!!!!!
    > |
    > | Using Win XP SP2 and all updates
    > |
    > | Thx J Hamer

    OK this is not the quick launch bar you speak of. There is no native user
    defined method to do what you ask.

    --

    "J Hamer" wrote:
    | Dave , I was wanting to know if there was a way to replace the icons/
    start
    | menu
    | .cpl's on the start menu. Like the my documents, my pictures, my music,
    | my computer and so forth. Not make it where they are not there totally
    | replace them with different icon and links.
    |
    | thx again
    |
    | J Hamer

    Hi,

    This edit may help you:

    Add Folder to Start Menu - Replace My Pictures or My Music (line 2, right column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!

    "J Hamer" <JHamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I wanted to know if there was a way that I could edit and or change the
    > icons on the right side of the start menu?
    >
    > Any help would great be great!!!!!
    >
    > Using Win XP SP2 and all updates
    >
    > Thx J Hamer

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP