Your question

GTX 560 Ti still Over Heating

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2012 5:49:35 PM

This is a fairly new set up...I thought I had fixed it, but no. I am running EVGA Precision to 100% @ 80c, yet I get temperatures on my GPU to 90c in less than 10 minutes :o  . I placed a PCI fan next to my VC to help air flow, but no change. I re configured my case fans, no change. I know I can safely go to 99c, but I am getting really close as it is. Also, my fans are getting really noisy.

I have done research on water cooling systems, but most are for the 570/580 cards...do any of these work on the 560? I have also looked at replacing my card's single fan with a dual fan heat sink...any experience with these? It looks like removing the heat sink and using quality thermal paste is a must, but if I am going to do this I want to do it with more fans...or with a water cooled system. The Corsair H60 works sweet with my CPU, so I like that way. Any specific recommendations are appreciated.

More about : gtx 560 heating

March 4, 2012 6:03:22 PM

i would recommend reapplying thermal paste i had the same problems on a 6870 and i just reapplied and it worked temps went back to normal
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2012 6:23:14 PM

well maybe then he could try the thermal paste sometimes they add cheap paste its worth a try
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
March 4, 2012 6:50:09 PM

Don't reapply thermal paste, it will just ruin your warranty. Post pics of inside your case. You might have a faulty card, RMA might be needed.
m
l
March 4, 2012 7:17:17 PM

Quote:
Watercooling is not needed, the issue is either user error or a bad card.

I have no idea what "user error" means. I plugged it into the appropriate slot, made the correct connections, and started using it. If I am doing Photoshop CS5 and process digital photos, my gpu runs about 32-40c. If I play Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2, in 5 minutes it is up to 90c. If I play Grand Theft Auto IV, it too gets over 86c in minutes.

Reading the EVGA forum, most of these cards run in the high 80s to low 90s and the EVGA techs say don't worry unless it gets to 99c. So they are not interested in RMA on what they consider is a "normal" card. I also noted that many Radeon cards run in the 100c plus range, so this is considered cool.

Either way, I don't like it and think I should bring it down a little. I will try and get some pictures, but this is a clean, almost empty case. I wish it had more areas to add fans (nothing available on top or bottom).
m
l
March 4, 2012 8:15:18 PM

Quote:
If cooling is an issue for you i would suggest you buy this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This monster cools my 480 at 900core with massive voltages.

This is the sort of thing I have been looking at... I just need to see if it is compatable with my 560. Thanks!
m
l
March 4, 2012 8:22:31 PM

Quote:
Please post some pictures of the inside of your pc.

Nowif I did this right...then you should see either a link or the pictures...is this what you wanted to see?
m
l
March 4, 2012 10:42:34 PM

Sunius said:
Don't reapply thermal paste, it will just ruin your warranty. Post pics of inside your case. You might have a faulty card, RMA might be needed.

i did that when my 560 ti failed i told them i reapplied paste and they still fixed my card
m
l
March 5, 2012 10:13:11 PM

misha87 said:
i did that when my 560 ti failed i told them i reapplied paste and they still fixed my card

EVGA told me to re apply the thermal past if I was comfortable with doing so and It Would Not Void my warranty. I was surprised. BUT!!! When running my fuzzy stress test I noticed my GPU fan would tap out at 61% and go no higher when being controlled by EVGA Precision software. I decided to download and run MSI Afterburner and set my fan manually. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! :o  :o  :o  My fan now goes up to 91% and I can not seem to get over 70C! Most of the time under load, so far, I am mostly in the 50s with just a short spike into the 60s. This is an extreme difference IMHO. I am impressed to say the least.
m
l
!