Cheap Diablo 3 + General Use New Build

clpirate

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: £300-400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Playing Diablo 3, Photo Editing (Lightroom/Photoshop), General Use

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HD (Samsung SpinPoint 1TB SATA HD)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ebuyer/scan/overclockers

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Probably Not

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 (Samsung SyncMaster245B) DVI

Additional Comments: Hi all. I am primarily buying this to play Diablo 3 (I know, a little extravagant!) but I do see this ultimately replacing my ageing Mac Mini for general use and photo editing etc (I'm an amateur photographer) as well as email and browsing. With this in mind I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible. After reading this forum for most of the morning I've put together the following and would appreciate some comments and suggestions. Will this do what I want?

Sourced from eBuyer:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz Socket 1155 3MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V H61 Socket 1155 7.1 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered
GPU: Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
Case & Power: Coolermaster Elite 330 Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power 500W PSU
Total : £309.91

Thanks in advance. Chris

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
That will play DiabloIII just fine. Apparently almost anything will: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195.html

I think most would recommend you stick with a more popular name brand for the power supply. Coolermaster is not the most regarded company for PSUs. But if it comes with the case, and its cheap, you'll probably be fine. Just don't expect to ever work it very hard if you decide to get crazy and add a bunch of fans or hard drives and such.

krazyjamus

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Yeah Diablo III will play on almost anything. That computer will be able to play it at max settings up to 1080p.

I also would recommend going with a more well to do power supply, I am always very wary of power supply's that come with cases.

clpirate

Honorable
May 8, 2012
bruce555 - case and PSU was £50.

I feel what people are saying about it though. Any ideas on alternatives?

clpirate

Honorable
May 8, 2012
How about this for PSU? Better?

OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply
(£51.98 @ Novatech)

Then supplement with a cheap mATX case?

Like this.....

Novatech Prowler Midi Case V2
(£29.98 @ Novatech)

TRENDING THREADS