Mobile Internet Browser Question

Chad

I have a Motorola V635 and have it working perfectly using Cingular as my
carrier. So, maybe I'm best off leaving well enough alone . .

Is there a way to tell the handset to use CSD rather than GPRS to surf the
Internet using the handset's browser?

I have tried creating a new "Web Session" and setting it up using the CSD
phone #'s I have found elsewhere, but it won't connect unless I input the
GPRS APN, user name & password (which defeats the whole purpose)!

Here's why I want to do this: In my area, I sometimes "roam" onto a GSM
system that does not support GPRS/EDGE for roamers. So, I can't browse the
Internet on my handset at those times. I'm basically lookking for a
"fallback" connection during those times.

Thanks!

In <W%vGe.3061$c63.2134@fe05.lga> on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:07:31 -0500, "Chad"
<en4rcer@excite.com> wrote:

>I have a Motorola V635 and have it working perfectly using Cingular as my
>carrier. So, maybe I'm best off leaving well enough alone . .
>
>Is there a way to tell the handset to use CSD rather than GPRS to surf the
>Internet using the handset's browser?
>
>I have tried creating a new "Web Session" and setting it up using the CSD
>phone #'s I have found elsewhere, but it won't connect unless I input the
>GPRS APN, user name & password (which defeats the whole purpose)!

Call Customer Care, and make sure that CSD is enabled on your account.

Chad

Good thought! When I get a few minutes, I'll give them a call.

Another thought: I have GSM for GAiT enabled on my account (I use a T62 from
time to time). When I'm in TDMA mode, I can surf the Internet (obviously not
using GPRS). Does that mean my account is configured for CSD or not?

Thanks again!