shopblt.com for core 2s...

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Hey guys,

i'm seriously considering ordering from these guys. Anyone here have any experience with them? they sure seem pretty on the level.

And from what it seems from their real time availability... they have SEVERAL Core 2's on the way..

gorm

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Hey guys,

i'm seriously considering ordering from these guys. Anyone here have any experience with them? they sure seem pretty on the level.

And from what it seems from their real time availability... they have SEVERAL Core 2's on the way..

gorm

Dude , nobody knows nothing out there. You can purchase from them or any other retailer, it will all depend when their suppliers get their crap in.
I have no hope of getting an X6800 before the end of the 3rd week of August, i'm resigned to this scenario...

mpjesse

Splendid
how much did you pay for it?

I think i'll wait until the prices drop down to the SRT of $999.

besides, the only SLI mobo u can get for Core 2 kinda sucks. performance wise it's great, but only 4 SATA ports? no thanks. i'll wait for nVidia's new chipset.

then again, u've got a GX2 so SLI support is a non-issue for you.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I got the X6800 for $1,132.26 that is to say i ordered it for that much, when it will come and if i will have to pay more money for this i have no idea, since i ordered it july 12, and the price has gone up since then.

since Intel is making around 142K Conroes a week (according to the Toms hardware guide article that said they plan to have 1 million shipped in 7 weeks), i doubt we will see many of these processors floating around, the Dell's and HP's of the world will eat up a huge chunk of them.

I don't want to run true SLI, that is why i got the 7950 card, of course it still hasn't shipped :twisted: and who knows when it will. everything has shipped except for the CPU and Vid card for me. lol Well and the updated Bios chip from ASUS.

mpjesse

Splendid
i guess $110 over retail isn't that bad when you're already spending $1000+. ;-)

I'm still saving for the X6800. I figure i'll have the needed $$$ right around the time it's in mass availability.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
i guess $110 over retail isn't that bad when you're already spending $1000+. ;-)

I'm still saving for the X6800. I figure i'll have the needed $$$ right around the time it's in mass availability.

I've been saving for years, my current computer is creaking and i'm waiting for it to fail and explode on me, each day i boot it i pray it does not die on me lol

Well after so many years of saving, i can't wait to get it all built.

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
i didn't really think it was too vague.. all i'm wondering if the retailer is reputable and if they're timely.

i mean... don't you care about who you buy a product from? or is it just "they all sell the same stuff so they're the same"?

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I'm running a 2.26Ghz P4-Northwood, 768 RDram Memory, motherboard Asus P4T533-C
It is slow, old, and makes me puke ....
i can't wait to replace it with the new system, god i need it

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
I'm running a 2.26Ghz P4-Northwood, 768 RDram Memory, motherboard Asus P4T533-C
It is slow, old, and makes me puke ....
i can't wait to replace it with the new system, god i need it

oh well.. the thread is derailed anyway..

i'm with you. my system is chugging. the nforce 590 sli mobo and my core 2 chip is what i'm currently waiting on...

it can't come soon enough. i have a feeling these next two weeks will be LONG.

mpjesse

Splendid
i didn't really think it was too vague.. all i'm wondering if the retailer is reputable and if they're timely.

i mean... don't you care about who you buy a product from? or is it just "they all sell the same stuff so they're the same"?

crap you're right. i got my threads all mixed up. sorry mate.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Hey guys,

gorm

You can check out some online ratings for this retailer: ShopBlt Ratings

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Hehehe... RDRAM.

How the hell did you end up w/ 768?

2x128MB and then 2x256MB?

Honestly i cant recall why i have 768, i think i bought 4 X 128 and replaced 2 of the sticks with 256 modules lol. I am not sure what the reason was anymore.

Yes i am running RDRAM, funny thing is, i tested it against another P4 2.4Ghz system and mine beats it hands down in PI benching lol
I guess that RDram wasn't that bad afterall :lol:

mpjesse

Splendid
RDRAM was way ahead of its time. Samsung, Micron, and Co. just didn't want to pay royalties is all. DDR tech was free! ;-)

Rambus still has some bad ass products on the horizon. Quad Data Rate and Octo Data Rate are some things they're working on. (They've even been demostrated)

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
RDRAM was way ahead of its time. Samsung, Micron, and Co. just didn't want to pay royalties is all. DDR tech was free! ;-)

Rambus still has some bad ass products on the horizon. Quad Data Rate and Octo Data Rate are some things they're working on. (They've even been demostrated)

Well i think one day perhaps RDram might make it back to the PC :D
i haven't been following Rambus at all, don't have any idea what to expect from their technology. i can't recall if the PS3 will use RDram or not

440bx

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006

Rambus misappropriated DDR technology while being part of the JEDEC which they used to create RDRAM.

Why should *any* company pay royalties for something they created and was stolen from them ?

More than one judge chastised Rambus for their behavior.

I am normally free of "passionate feelings" towards most companies but, like when dealing with people, I won't forgive deceipt, maliciousness and dishonesty.

IMO, it is really unfortunate they are still in business. As unfortunate, is that their practices have not changed. The world would be a better place without Rambus. Whatever they can come up with other companies can do better without stealing it.

Whatever they've got now, I wonder who they stole it from.