Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
My specs Are:
Core 2 Duo E7200
INtel DG31PR motherboard
2gb DDR2 Ram
zeb 450W Sata 20+4 pin PSU
Powercolour 6670 1GB GPU

There has been no problem with my pc until i upgraded my pc with the GPU. I start a game and it crashes. And sometimes it won't boot up. will upgrading the PSU to 500W solve my problem or is there something else to it?

DM186

Splendid
That PSU is on the list of do not buy and that was a good guess about India. Here is the list of PSU's from tier 1 = best and tier 5 = worst. The Zeb (Zebtronics) is on tier 5.

So I don't know if you should trust a new PSU if it is also a Zeb. You should look to find how many amps are on the 12v rail or rails. When I was trying to look up the spec's on the Zeb.

It did not show anything, there wasn't any sticker on it. I guess it will be a hit and miss thing. I guess I would go with a 500w of the same as Zeb but if you could look for the Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, and XFX brands. Those are what I would go with. I do wish you good luck.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
With what they're all saying, if you have the funds for a new PSU, get it. It'll save you a lot of headaches in the future. Take it from someone who had to hook up a second PSU because he cheaped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.