Change them or add to them??

jon_the_faun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
I've got two Sapphire 6970s. They're good - but I want perfection. Ideally, with vysnc on, I'd like to play a game with no dips below 60. Sold 60 fps all the time. It's possible, because the 6970s achieve this in some games. However, the poor driver support has begun to frustrate me. Batman Arkham City runs terrible, even on medium settings. The unstable fps drives me nuts. Dipping from 60, to 50, to 40 and back again. Its rather sporadic. And Skyrim's indoor stuttering is unbearable. It reads 60 fps, but inside buildings its absolutely terrible.

I've got a i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5 ghz - it ain't no i7 - but for gaming, I hear and truly believe that's as good as it gets. I run at 1980x1050 resolution.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I recently went to a friends house (he's got the same exact setup as me, except for the cards) and watched his two GTX 580s' in action. He played Skyrim flawlessly. Batman Arkham City, maxed out, excellently.

And on Steam, I saw the nvidia boosted Skyrim's performance even more...

Should I pack em up and sell em...and go nvidia?

Or......

Go trifire? Buy another 6970 and trade one in and save up for a 6990? If the support sucks, is that even worth it? I don't know. I spent a lot of my hard earned money on these two cards, and I'm starting to second guess myself...